tuscl

OT: NFL RB Ray Rice suspension

ime
Fuck Joe Biden
Friday, July 25, 2014 3:48 PM
The NFL is fucking up by only suspending Ray Rice two games for domestic violence. This type of a thing is a problem that should have been dealt with more seriously in my opinion. 1st time offenders of the League's substance abuse policy are suspended a mandatory 4 games. Ben Roethlisberger was banned for 4 games after an initial 6 game suspension during one of his accused sexual assault incidents.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/112576…

3 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    I agree the NFL blew this one. I don't get it.

Terrelle Pryor got 5 games for things done while in COLLEGE...and none involved violence (or drugs).

Really inconsistent penalties.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I agree with both of y'all. All sports leagues/governing bodies need to be much more consistent with the way they hand out suspensions and penalties.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    Pro leagues are hiring too many young thugs and paying way too much money to these young, egotistical and violent kids. It is not surprising that drugs, physical abuse, gangs and criminal behaviors are now part of the pro sports story.

Not every kid with talent is a violent gangbanger with a history of robbery, rape and assault. But if a pro team wants that particular talent, they ignore the thuggery and draft the jerk. The result is becoming an epidemic of sensational stories of drugs, assaults, rapes, robberies, drunkenness even murders.

I am not defending League leadership. Clearly they are not prepared to deal with the consequences. But, short of banning every player with a felony arrest, what can they do?

Consistency is going to be really tough. Domestic violence is really bad news. But what response is appropriate. And what response is foolish? Do you penalize a coach for saying that drafting an admitted homosexual will cause a media distraction (even if the coach spoke only truth)? Do you suspend a player for legally betting in Vegas on games in a different league? How much do punish a football player for getting into a mud pit and throwing bikini clad women around? If an upset wife decides to get even with her cheating WR husband by calling 911 and claiming abuse - do you suspend the guy? How much proof is needed before the league takes action?

Ray Rice got off too easy, but the woman DID marry him just a month after the elevator assault. Do you know whether their relationship included rough dominance play? Was she drunk, or drugged out? What was he taking at the time? This ain't an easy call.

I agree that the NFL is fucking up. But I think the real problem is who the clubs sign, not what they do with the thugs after they screw up!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion