tuscl

I hope that strippers don't find out about this. :)

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
CITY hipsters finding that a tattoo on their arm, leg or torso is just a little, well, ordinary, have discovered a new trend — tattooing their teeth.

But the craze can be harmful, local medical experts warned.

In the United States, tooth tattoos have become popular, with young Americans getting their enamel inscribed with images of pop stars, skulls or personal signs of love.

Young Shanghai residents are now looking for similar services, with cosmetic surgeons often the favored option.

“We've received calls and visits from young people seeking tooth tattoos,” said Xu Beihua, president of a local cosmetic hospital.

“Technically, it's not difficult, but we give them a full explanation of the risks.”

Temporary tattoos are either drawn or stuck onto the tooth, while for the permanent version the design is drilled directly onto the enamel, according to the hospital.

Doctors said the stickers can cause allergies, while drilling can damage the tooth.

“We don't encourage young people to have tooth tattoos,” said Dr Fu Fugen, director of dentistry at the hospital.

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I recall watching one of those shows on a cable channel about prison inmates and prison life where they featured some dudes that had their eyeballs (white part of their eyes) tattooed – crazy.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Damn it PC, I was gonna say that. Saw that same special. Yikes.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    So you guys like shows about prisons??
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^ you like beingbin prison?
  • likes2look
    10 years ago
    Do you like movies about gladiators?

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Strippers already knew before you shadow
  • Pole_Doc
    10 years ago
    Only a matter of time before this becomes the norm. Society, as a whole, is "dumbed down." This is due, in great part, to being under-read (informed). People don't read anymore. As a result, they suffer from ignorance. Ignorance creates an inability to discern and the lack of discernment leads to poor decision making. "My people perish for lack of knowledge (The Bible)."

You're correct to voice concern, in hoping that strippers don't find out about this. Generally speaking, they tend to be exceptionally under-read. As a result, many of them tend to not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. Let's not forget; it hasn't been that long since gold teeth were very popular among many (black) strippers. This enamel engraving process really isn't that far off. Let's just hope for the best.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago

... This site is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

... What do you mean, "biblical"?

... Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
    Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
    Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
    The dead rising from the grave!
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Dolfan - classic stuff!!

Just be aware certain stuffed-shirt members on here don't approve of "making allusions to tv shows or movies." (Yeah, I know - crazy, right?)
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Tooth tattoos. People and their never ending quest to be ignorant retards never cease to amaze me.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    Tattoo my nuts
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^ouch
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    C’mon – every generation has its “these young people these days” – back in the 60s when some of our more “mature” TUSCLers grew up; hippies were seen as dead-head aliens (sorta) – and what about the “rolling 20s”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion