tuscl

An alternative to burn phones

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
For some of us, a burn phone is often essential when communicating with strippers for a variety of obvious reasons. However, I have always found the burn phone impractical and irritating. It seems half the time I can't remember to bring it with me, and when I do have it the battery is often dead. I have also had problems at various times getting the minutes or sim card I bought for the phone to work. I also worry about being found out, like Walter White.

So I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon an alternative to the burn phone recently. Apologies if this is common knowledge, but it was news to me.

There are applications you can get for your smartphone that serve as a burn phone. The one I use is called text me. There is also one called Burner. The apps assign you a unique phone number, and you can receive or send texts or calls with that number for free. With text me, you don't have to reveal your identity or your phone number.

Basically this works like a virtual phone within your phone. There are limits on the number of phone calls you can make without paying money or other gimmicks, but there seems to be no limit on texts. Since I mostly text with dancers, this works for me.

I haven't figured out exactly how long you keep the same phone number, but I have been texting dancers with the text me app for about three months with the same phone number. No cost. It works great, without any of the inconvenience of the burn phone.

You can allow the application to notify you when there is a text or phone call, or you can turn off notifications and just open the app when you want to check for messages.

I know that Google voice is something that others sometimes use, but this seems to work better for me.

Happy clubbing.

7 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Smoke signals. Keep it old school.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I use a flip phone to keep it old school
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I draw in flip books.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Lol
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I only do dead drops.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    Phone? What's a phone? Why would you want to burn one of these phone things? And how did the other phone things get smart?
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    If you're concerned about LEO, nothing that resides on your phone, or requires a real phone number for forwarding, is secure. Unless you use a burn phone in conjunction with it. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion