tuscl

Argentina or Germany ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

What's your pick?

31 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I’m pulling for Argentina but think Germany is the better team
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Deutschland! Deutschland! Deutschland!
  • ime
    10 years ago
    zee Germans
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    Germany!
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Germany 2-1.

Bizarre fact of the day, the two living men who have been pope are from Argentina and Germany.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Well, since my ancestors were German, I work for a German firm, and I like German beer and wine, I'll pull for the Germans.
  • StanC
    10 years ago
    Never been to Argentina, but Germany I've been to many times. Can easily recommend it. It's just awesome! :))

S.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "Bizarre fact of the day, the two living men who have been pope are from Argentina and Germany."

Tough call for the man upstairs
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Steve,put some lyrics to it.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    Messi, unbeatable. I'll be the dissenting vote for Argentina
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles!
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    As long as the best team wins I don't mind who wins. Omens not good for Germany though as no European team has ever won it in South America.

BTW, I heard soccer would be more popular than it is in the states but the football people and others are getting together to suppress coverage as they fear it will overtake football. I even heard that soccer is the second most played game in the U.S. Could both be true?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    london,

As a resident old fart, I believe their is truth to that. As a youngster growing up in the US, soccer was but a joke. No way would guys play soccer or would parents even want them to do so. But as time went on and football became to "violent", kids were introduced to soccer. As that and future generations aged, it has become acceptable to play soccer, and we old football lovin' farts are dying off.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    LG - I have to agree with Clubber. In my town, of 35,000, that I live in their are numerous soccer fields for little league but no American foot ball fields.

As for major league sports of any kind, I believe that they are capable of anything to make a buck.
  • dollardollarbillyall
    10 years ago
    This is an American website, any real American pulling for another team seems like any real American rooting for another country to win in the 2016 Olympics.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    reading comprehension try it - it says Argentina or Germany? What is your pick? If USA isn't in the game you can't really pick them.

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Have to keep an eye on the Germans. First the World Cup, then the world.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    ^^^
    Right, so who are all the old Nazi's in Argentina rooting for?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^lol, why they're rooting for a clone of Hitler to finally happen.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Isn't Hiliter a club in Phoenix?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Steve-Looks like somebody watches Seth Meyers.

@Clubber-Haha. You're a clever one.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Germany has an amazing team. A team that's just a bit better as a whole than Argentina. They had an amazing game against Brasil but tied Ghana. They've allowed 4 goals to Argentina's 3. 2 goals scored against Argentina were in the game versus Nigeria, where Musa had a great game.

This one will be tough. Great rivalry. Messi might be the difference. And it ain't hard to tell who I'm rooting for. My Pops is from Rosario, like Messi. Che Boludos.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS,

Clever? Thanks. That comment was regarding:

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…

• londonguy
    10 years ago
    Thanks Clubber and SC :-)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Extra time, baby!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Zzzzzzz......is it over yet?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Deutschland, baby! Who else?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    That was a heck of a goal by that German dude.

I guess the better team won.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Well since I work for a German firm, I figure I should be getting a big bonus soon, don't ya think?
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Londonguy-
    I don't know if soccer is the second most popularly played sport in the USA, but it's certainly up there from even when I played soccer as a kid. As far as popularity, I'd have to say it is no better than 5th most popular team sport, with (American) football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey more popular. I personally equate the level of soccer's popularity with the level of hockey's popularity. Many people in the USA love hockey, but the ones who don't do not care for it at all. Soccer is much the same way. But the difference between soccer and hockey is that while everyone loves an NHL team for hockey, for soccer, it can be an MLS team, but when casually out and about, if I see somebody wearing a soccer-oriented outfit, it's for a European team like Manchester United or Barcelona, or it's somebody else's national team like Brazil.

One thing I have learned about soccer is you can blow your head off trying to read everything about it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I would not doubt that soccer is played by many youngsters in the U.S. – the question is whether the absolutely best athletes pursue it.

Currently football and basketball are the most popular sports and pay the most *in the U.S.* - so that is where the talent is going to flow.

I also wonder if corporate America may not be gung-ho with supporting soccer as there aren’t many stoppage of plays for their to be commercials played?

Some people claim that American football (NFL) may begin to start losing future athletes b/c of the violent nature of the game – and then perhaps these athletes may choose soccer if the $$$ is there which right now is there but overseas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion