tuscl

OT Sprinkler technology

All these years and sprinklers still water plenty of concrete. Some things don't change.

16 comments

• sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Are you talking about outdoor water sprinklers? Adding sensors and smart technology into what gets sprayed would likely add a lot of initial cost and much higher maintenance cost into the system for very little benefit when many people don't care if some water gets wasted. If they cared about wasting water, a drip irrigation system could probably be installed where needed.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Well I still can't hit the toilet constantly either.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    You get what you pay for. 2 years ago I had a Rainbird fully automatic system installed. 3 valves and 21 adjustable sprinkler heads. It also has a rain gauge that senses how much rain we got and prevents watering when it isn't needed. Mine is set to water twice a week at 5:30AM for 25 minutes, while I sleep.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "It also has a rain gauge that senses how much rain we got and prevents watering when it isn't needed."

Glad for that. One of the little things in life that gets my knickers in a bunch is seeing lawn sprinklers running during a drenching rain.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Overwatering can be harmful to grass.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Adjustable sprinkler heads have direction guides.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I use drip. No lawn. Lawns are insane in So Cal.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    ^^^

That's something I've noticed in Las Vegas. Few people have true lawns.

In the Midwest, neighborhood competition for the best lawn can be quite maddening.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Lawn? What's that?
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Only use Rainbird Rain curtain series rotors and 1800 series pop ups.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Maybe time for synthetic turf.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Also, they water while it is raining. The odd thing about that is I see that mostly at many businesses, including my own employer.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    Mine are adjustable, the problem is tractors, 4-wheelers, horses, etc also "adjust" them too. It doesn't matter how often I go out there and readjust them, there's always one or two that spray a window, driveway, or street. Its reclaimed water, so I'm not concerned enough about waste to seek alternate solutions.

• jester214
    10 years ago
    The rules about watering in Vegas are apparently nuts Motor. They'll also pay people to go from grass to desert landscapes.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Sprinklers. Really? Sprinklers?
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    ^^^Well your boyfriend answered the question.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion