tuscl

Missing Out

Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:44 AM
Last week, Josh Beckett threw the first no-hitter of the season. A friend had an extra ticket and would give it to me free but I couldn't go. Damn. I missed out on a no-hitter. Last week, there was this cute brunette stripping. She was just check in the place out, seeing of the club would fit her interests. I didn't get a dance and I missed out. Missing out sucks. Any of y'all ever miss out?

8 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    If I had a dime for every time I missed out on a dancer because quit, I'd have enough money to do pretty much whatever I want.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Back in the late 1980s I did a job for a small start-up company. The little company was pressed for cash and the principal of the little company offered to pay me with stock in his company (I would have been a 4% owner of the little company if I had taken the stock in payment). The principal of this company was a smarmy lawyer who had had some difficulties with the Alberta Securities Commission over his stock market machinations in the past. I insisted on cash and I was paid in full within 120 days. That 'little' company now has a stock market capitalization of $50,000,000,000. Do you know what 4% of $50,000,000,000 is? I have done mighty fine for myself during my oil patch career but NOT $2,000,000,000 worth.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Slick, The Josh Beckett no-hitter was in Philadelphia, May 2th. You have a friend there who offered you a ticket? See: [view link]
  • goodsouthernboy
    10 years ago
    Mother fucker Art, I would lose sleep about that every night... Gotta strike while the iron is hot. I went back to my local club today looking for a dancer that I missed out with last time,and she wasn't there. I'm in your boat slick...
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    That should have been "May 26th."
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I have missed out too many times to even remember. And I'm talking about civilians more than strippers. Makes me sick to think of the times that I drank too much and couldn't get it up. I don't drink anymore. :)
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Beckett's no hitter - finally, someone figured out how to fix the Dodger's bullpen!
  • magicrat
    10 years ago
    +1 to gawker! How bad are League and Wilson?..geez
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion