tuscl

Strippers and Expensive/High-End Alcohol

Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:19 AM
Why do strippers seem to think they have a refined taste in expensive, high-end alcohol? Has anyone else experienced this puzzling phenomenon? personally, i think they get their "taste" in expensive alcohol from rap songs and videos. Some fun examples: I'm out at a nightclub (a true nightclub, not a SC) with a stripper and I order a bottle of Don Julio 1942 for the table. She then asks me "how come you didn't order patron?" and proceeds to state "i only like really good tequila. i only drink patron." Once I explained to her that Don Julio 1942 was roughly 2-3x the price of a bottle of shitty Patron Silver (the only type of patron shes even tried) she then decided 1942 was good. I'm out at another nightclub and I had to use the bathroom. I told the stripper to order a bottle of something "good." I'm expecting to return to a bottle of Patron or Grey Goose or something equally stupid. Lo and behold, I return and she had ordered Luis XIII. What the fuck? Aside from how much that costs - let alone from fucking bottle service - she didn't even know it was cognac. The kicker: she tells me "they didn't have any 'Hurricane' to mix it with."

20 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Hmmm, IME, they will drink anything with. alcohol you put in front of them, but generally the rule is the harder the better.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    Not my experience with the current "favorite" (i hate that term). Constantly orders/asks for top shelf shit.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    LMN.... One thing that is funny people think "Grey Goose" is such a great vodka... When in fact it is shit and doesn't win any taste tests. So when people think of "quality" or "good"... they must think expensive is the key for those two things....LOL But i know what you are saying. But i think strippers are like most people and think that expensive = good. Which is total bullshit when it comes to alcohol.
  • joewebber
    10 years ago
    it has everything to do with marketing and nothing to do with quality.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    The lesson here is "Do Not Use the Bottle Service". The girls are told to order expensive by the management.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    People always assume more expensive is better especially those who really don't know anything or just watch to many rap videos. Strippers tend to have the worst taste in most things and prove it when they want to mix expensive alcohol with cheap mixer. As an aside I have found that with Scotch and Bourbon their is a noticeable difference between the really cheap stuff and then the stuff that is in the $80 - $150 range after that you can pay a lot more but the difference isn't really worth it.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Veblen goods
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @tiredtraveler Neither of these events happened at strip clubs. One happened at Mokai and another at LIV. Both nightclubs on Miami Beach (not strip clubs).I was there with strippers, though for OTC.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    trippers, like all the other morons we call young people have no clue about anything other than what they see on the internet. A pussy like 50 cent drinks it so they order it.
  • magicrat
    10 years ago
    In my neck of the woods, it seems the strippers like the sweet drinks. Jager seems to be a favorite, either shots or mixed with Red Bull. Ugh! I did have a stripper order a $13 shot of tequila once, but she apologized profusely when she found out what it cost as she had no idea. Oh and at this particular club, a shot of Patron is $4.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Joe Webber hit it in the mark. It's marketing. These strippers are also young and probably haven't had the time/experiences to develop a mature/refined palate.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    In all candor, I think LMN is a nice guy taking strippers to nightclubs for drinks. Top shelf or not, it's the thought that counts.
  • oriole1
    10 years ago
    It usually is because of mgmt. but also they do think more $$ is better. Also, what would they order if they were paying? Once a stripper had a soda when she sat with me in a club and all of a sudden she wanted wine. She ordered and I told her to meet me by the stage, leaving the cheap bitch to pay for her own. How do you like me now?
  • oriole1
    10 years ago
    Did you hear about the queer who got fired from the sperm bank for drinking on the job?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    ^^^ was his name txtittyfan?
  • pineconepartyliquor
    10 years ago
    @LMN why would you leave and tell her to order something good? That's asking for it.... An just curious, how much did that bottle of cognac cost you?
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Some clubs have drink revenue quotas that strippers must meet. If the stripper must generate $200 in drink sales per shift, any shortfall is added to her tipout. So she has to find a PL to buy the most expensive drinks for her, at the dancer price, and the PL at the regular inflared price. The pressure is on strippers to sell drinks or pay up at the end of the shift. Other clubs give dancers a cut of the drinks the sell. Either way it's in her bst interests to get the PL to buy the most expensive stuff the bar has.
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Of course the mercenary hooker is going to try to milk the most out dough out of you. You sure spend a lot of your time with the ghetto fabulous. You need to start hanging out with a more WASPy crowd.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    I am a drinker......a drinker of beer, whisky, and Bordeaux. Most any beer will do for me but Kokanee Gold is my preferred brand. I am a snob about whisky; only the good single malts will do for me, preferably the Speyside highland malts. I do enjoy a true rye such as the pure ryes from Alberta Distillers. The blended ryes such as Crown Royal, CC, and Weiser's are just so much rotgut to me. With the Bordeaux I like most all of them but I must confess that my favourites come from the chateaux assigned the Premier Grand Cru assignation. I have yet to meet any stripper anywhere who has any taste at all in booze. Rum, gin, tequila, vodka.....all that shit goes straight from the distillery to the bottle so it is virtually impossible to call one or the other brand high end or low end. Price difference is just a matter of clever marketing. We all know how susceptible our beloved strippers are to the blandishments of a clever huckster. The most disgusting drink that I ever bought for a stripper was a concoction that she called a Red Rocket......equal parts red wine and Pepsi over ice! Brrrrrrrrrrr........makes my blood run cold. Any stripper that I have ever known wouldn't know a true high end whisky or Bordeaux even if she bathed her treasured coochie in it. Mind you, licking Princess Mary or Chateau Latour '45 off a succulent pussy might be a worthwhile exercise.
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    A former ATF used to ask for "top shelf margaritas". I admonished her that such language was tacky. If she wanted a particular brand, such as Patron, she should ask for that. She never seemed to learn. She is also no longer my ATF.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion