tuscl

How to keep from getting scammed.

You experiencced guys don't need to read this because you already know how. Somewhere on this board I read where Chitown Lawyer said he had never been scammed in a strip club. I haven't either. It's really easy to avoid. Here are my rules:

(1) Take only as much money as you're willing to spend. When it's gone, leave. Touch the ATM and you're dead.

(2) Never pay for anything in advance, never tip in advance. (Exception - in some clubs you have to pay the house in advance for a private dance.) If a girl asks for a tip in advance, find another girl.

(3) Tell the girl in advance how many dances you want (you can always increase the number as you go) and at the end of each song ask how many you've done. Agree on a price before you start.

(4) Go when the club isn't busy. Avoid Friday and Saturday nights. This is when the most hustle occurs.

(5) Treat the girls with curtousey and respect. If they don't do the same for you, find another girl.

(6) Stay sober. If you want to go drinking, go drinking. If you want to go to a strip club, don't drink. The two don't mix.

7 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    AN, I agree completely. I tend to be pretty tight with a buck in strip clubs unless I'm with someone who I've known for a long time. By then she knows exactly how much I'm going to spend because it rarely varies by much. As long as she treats me the way I want to be treated, I will continue to keep seeing her and spending the amount of money that she's worth to me. If she gets greedy or starts to take me for granted, I'm gone. And I don't go looking for dates or friendship because it's pretty rare to find in a strip club, although it did happen to me once. But that was a very unusual situation.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I think the biggest thing you can do to protect yourself is remember where you are. It's a strip club. They want to take as much of your money as possible. You can still have a good time, but remember you aren't going to date these women or become lifelong friends so keep it a buisness transaction.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Anytime that I enter into any commercial transaction, and if there's money involved it's usually a commercial transaction, I always make sure that we both understand what the price is and what the product or service is. If you don't clarify that in advance you're asking for trouble. And if I'm doing the buying, I also try not to pay in advance whenever possible. I learned that the hard way from a plumber many years ago.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I forgot one: (7) Never forget that these girls are working, flirting and otherwise being nice to you is their job. Don't fall in lust.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    One of mine is always pay as you go in cash. Tabs are an invitation to a scam by the club, waitress or dancer. If you pay for each dance and drink as it is delivered you can also simply walk out at any time you feel you need to.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    AN, good one, I agree and I always do that too. I didn't think of it because most of the clubs I go to don't let you run a tab so it's not an issue.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I remember on a Texas visit the waitress and dancer both kept pushing me to run a tab. This was in the mid '90's, after the heyday of the texas clubs where buisnessmen ran tabs and wrote it of as entertaining buisness clients. They would let you put everything, drinks, dances, etc, on a tab. The mere fact they were pushing for it warned me off (I was still a newbie). There are a few waitresses and clubs I would trust, but I like the feeling that I can walk out the door with no worries if some kind of trouble starts.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion