tuscl

Tablets In The Strip Club

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
I recently bought a tablet with a 7" screen. It is not all that much larger than my smartphone which has about a 5" screen, and I have almost never had any issues using the smartphone inside of strip clubs. Most capabilities on both mobile devices are similar. (Only ran into one club in Philly where using a cellphone inside the club was prohibited.)

Has anyone used their tablet in a strip club? Did the club care or not?

15 comments

• sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I wouldn't want to keep track of a tablet in a strip club. It's like bringing a really big steal me sign into a club so you'll need to keep track of it all the time.

I once brought one into a dead club. I decided it was better to not visit that dead club again. If the club doesn't have enough entertainment, it's not worth visiting.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I would not bring my iPad into a strip club. However, I once saw a guy using an iPad in the Penthouse Club in Detroit. The club did not seem to care, but I thought he looked pretty gay.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I can't imagine needing entertainment in a club badly enough to bring a tablet. I *have* found myself using my phone from time to time, but generally, if things are so boring that I have to pull out my phone (other than texting), then it's past time to leave.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    I don't think you'd bring it for entertainment. Maybe multitasking like responding to emails during or after work, or researching and writing TUSCL reviews.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Years back, my brother Moses brought some tablets to the strip club. Nobody was impressed.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    True dat, Slick, and he did it twice since he fumbled the first set!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Slick brought up an interesting point.

The word "tablet" has really had an evolution in meanings.

First
    A flat piece if stone with writing cut into it
    Then
    A set of sheets of paper fastened at one edge
    Then
    A small hard piece that dissolves in water
    Now
    A small touch screen computer
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    If you have 3G or 4g on your tablet, you don't need wifi.

Think about all the times someone might pick it up and run.
    When you get lapdances, when you take a piss, when you're distracted by a hot dancer on stage. I don't want to be wondering if someone ran off with my tablet when I wasn't looking. Yeah, if the club is dead or boring, it might come in handy but why bother even visiting?
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I can imagine some clubs coming up with the idea of offering wifi tablets while in the club to view dancer profiles, pics, and a chance to ask the dancer to say you're interested in getting dances so they stop over at your table when you're free. Maybe even do some web surfing if you get bored with the club entertainment. Strip clubs are made to entertain or titillate so this might not be a bad idea.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    As much money as strip clubs spend on buildings, etc, this wouldn't cost that much. Of course they might want to keep a small cable attached to each device attached to each table or put alarm devices inside each that go off if they step out past a line near the front door. They might need multiple Internet lines if a lot of people like using the devices in the clubs.

Maybe you could even text the dancer sitting at another guys table without him Knowing. That might be annoying to have a dancer sitting with you texting someone.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    I think you guys that can use your phones freely in the club should consider yourself a little lucky.

At least two clubs I regularly frequent have "no cell phone use in the club" signs fairly prominently posted on or near the front door, and I've had the rule enforced at one club (they just asked me not to use my phone). The place I visit more frequently says you can go in the lobby if you actually need to make a text or a call.

I can understand the reasoning in the cameraphone era. Dancers might not want their picture taken and/or put on the Internet, while some, er, many, er, ALL patrons probably don't want their picture taken and put on the Internet. I suppose it also cuts down on OTC (not that it doesn't happen anyway).

Only thing is, I wish they'd enforce the rule for dancers as well as customers, as they still are on their phones all the darn time.
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Phones/tablets are basically banned in all the clubs in NorCal. I've seen guys thrown out of clubs when trying to argue their case. On the East coast, they seem to be more relaxed on the issue.

Has anybody wandered in with their GoogleGlass?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I guess I've only seen issues with guys trying to take pictures. Just playing with your phone seems okey-dokey.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    I have seen people sitting in booths at kahoots using laptops.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Half of Detroit's dancers sit and text all during their shift, ignoring customers and smoking.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion