tuscl

Courtesy tipping

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Here is something I've wondered about for a while. In the DC clubs a lot of the tipping is offstage after the dancer gets down. Some guys aren't into everyone watching them get an eyefull an inch from their nose, so the dancers make the rounds of the crowd collecting extra tips. My general rule is if she comes by I give her a dollar or two no matter what. If she was on the stage nearest me and I haven't tipped her I usually go for $1 per song. At LD clubs when traveling I kept up this habbit, and I noticed it seems to get me a lot of attention (some good, some bad). I've always thought you should give some recognition in the form of a tip for every dancer. Thoughts?

6 comments

• Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: I had my first experiences with "tip walks" this past week. I agree, it's a great way to get a chance to ask a lady to join you without chasing her all over the club.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    A lot of clubs have the stage inside the bar so there's no opportunity to tip while they're dancing. They circulate afterwards for their tips (in fact in one club I know the girls crawl around on top of the bar naked to collect tips.) I actually like that format because it gives you a chance to have a quick chat with each of the girls as they circulate. If you're new to the club it makes it really easy to size them up and invite one to join you.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Like FONDL, I tip every girl onstage unless I'm sitting with a dancer. Sometimes it's fun to send the dancer you are sitting with over to the girl onstage with a tip. I've seen some very interesting methods of a dancer accepting a tip from another dancer...it all adds to the fun!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I usually sit pretty far away from the stage and only watch the stage show if the girl is good, which is maybe about half the time. Never-the-less, I generally tip each girl on stage when I'm alone. But once a girl joins me and we begin talking, I'm not usually paying any attention to the stage and won't usually bother tipping unless the girl on stage is a friend of the one I'm with and we stop talking to watch.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    AN - I know what you mean about the DC scene. At Good Guys for example, I tip every dancer that approaches me at least a couple bucks. It's kind of expected in that club, and if you're not willing to do so, you look like a jerk. It can be annoying, but since there's no VIP or laps, that's how these girls make money, so I never mind it...even for the not so hot ones.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Here is my MO. When I go to a club I know, I tip according to the normal practice, no matter what it might be. When I visit a new club or one I rarely visit, I watch what others do and follow suit. I try to do what is expected in a club. If I encounter a "special" dancer, I will tip her much more than others and welcome her visit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion