tuscl

Bad news for Atlanta club goers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, May 5, 2014 12:37 PM
DeKalb County Superior Court Judge has dismissed a strip club's lawsuit against Doraville that sought to allow it to continue to offer nude dancing and alcohol. The Oasis club was annexed into Doraville in December 2012 but had previously operated as an adult entertainment venue under an agreement with DeKalb County. Doraville's local laws do not allow nudity and alcohol in sexually-oriented businesses. Owners of Oasis have said they will appeal their Constitutional challenge to the Doraville laws to the state Supreme Court.

11 comments

• VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    Damn! These new towns popping up around Atlanta are killing us. Sandy Springs tried to close Mardi Gras and Flashers before giving up. Brookhaven trying to close Pink Pony. Doraville trying to close Oasis. Total waste of tax payer dollars. Who is next?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I guess Georgia is trying to hang on to their old southern conservative ways
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Forest Park successfully shut down Pink Pony South & The Crazy Horse saloon because clubs that cannot have alcohol & nudity cannot compete with all of the city of Atlanta clubs that can. Follies may be in jeopardy too because of it's annexation by the city of Chamblee effect Jan1, 2014.
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    Papi_Chulo please come back to Atlanta to teach us how to do it right! Hate the "old southern conservative ways".
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ head north to Detroit or south to Miami young man - where groping is often not only allowed but encouraged
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I'm afraid I've got some baaaaad news!"
  • joewebber
    10 years ago
    forest park might make a comeback because from what i understand, the politicians that were in office when the pony south and crazy horse closed, have been voted out.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    joewebber - I head that last year from a former Crazy Horse dancer. In fact she said that Crazy Horse would be open soon. Didn't happen. And here is some more no so great news. [view link]
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago
    Daang, and I have not made it to Atlanta yet! You make it sound like there may be little of the scene left by the time I get there. Oh well, MIA it will have to be, like P_C said... Y'know, it seems to me that in a lot of the states it's just too stupidly easy for (a) any cluster of residents to incorporate as a chartered town/city and (b) for any such town/county to then annex county land. Can't blame them from using those tools they have legally available to do things like grab developable land, impose taxes they like, avoid taxes they don't, ban strip clubs, set up speed traps, prevent businesses they don't like from opening, etc.
  • naytch88
    10 years ago
    Shooter alley is in doraville also. Are they affected by this?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I don't think that Shooter's Alley is technically on Doraville. If you look at a Google map for Doraville at McElroy RD & Buford hwy, it indicates that the dividing line is down the center of Buford hwy. That puts Shooters Alley outside the city limits.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion