tuscl

Bad management

AbbieNormal
Maryland
OK, here's a pet peeve of mine. Almost every time I'm out with friends at a regular bar when we're spending money the bartender will often comp a round or buy a round of shooters or something. We always appreciate it and reciprocate with a big tip, and we also come back and talk up the place. I've been going to clubs for 10 years, and other than the time I mentioned in another post that I got comped I've had two dancers buy me drinks, and that's it. You'd think management might want to comp a good tipper or a good customer one freakin' drink every so often. I mean it costs them less than $1 for just about anything but a 15 y/o single malt (which I never seem to find in the clubs). Yeah, 2 for 1 LDs are common, but that comes out of the dancer too. Any good comp stories or complaints?

8 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    The only 2 places where I was ever a regular regular, the first didn't serve alcohol and the second I ran a tab which I never saw and always gave my ATF who was then my waitress $100 keep the change, so I have no idea whether she ever comped me or not, it didn't make any difference. The place I go to now, I don't drink because my fav doesn't either. Getting comped on a bottle of water just doesn't seem to happen. Except when I take the bottle into the men's room and fill it up again so I don't have to buy another one at an inflated price. I'm not aware of ever getting a free LD but my ATF and I always lost count so who knows.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    Not all management are bad. At one of my regular club, some of the managers will comp drinks. I did on one occassion got a manager to comp for my group of friends. That was a miracle. I still remember it to this day. I have also gotten passes from DJ and free drink tickets.

• SuperDude
    19 years ago
    I have the same experience as Yoda. If you are a regular who gets along with the staff and the dancers, spend a regular amount of money, not necessarily big, don't get drunk or grabby, then they want you back and will comp you.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I've found it's not a matter of how much you spend-I don't always spend a lot of money in SC's. My situation at the club I spoke of has a lot to do with the fact that I'm just not a pain in the ass. I don't cause problems with the dancers, I don't get drunk and act stupid and I don't bring people in with me that do any of these things either. If I see a guy being an asshole I point him out to the bouncers. Comps in general are less comon in strip clubs than in regular bars. SC owners are not that bright and the bartenders in most SCs are not allowed to comp anything. I go to lots of other clubs on a regular basis and don't get treated the same way that I do at the one I am speaking of here.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Wow, strip club managers who appreciate that customers keep them in buisness and show their appreciation... I thought they had gone the way of the full sized spare tire and the Dodo bird...
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I've been going to strip clubs for more than 40 years and have been a regular at times at maybe half a dozen different clubs, but I've never been comped anything. Guess I either need to change deodorants or mouthwash or start spending more.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I go to one club in Providence RI where I am never charged a cover charge and, if either the general manager or the night manager sees me, they always comp me a drink. I'm flatered by this since, when business slowed down a few years ago they stopped comping most of the "regulars" who had been dodging the cover charge for years. Of course, I return the consideration by being a good customer...which is what got me the on the comp list in the first place.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Strip clubs don't seem to have much interest in doing anything extra to satisfy their customers the way other businesses do and I've never understood why. I guess they think that having naked women is enough.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion