tuscl

CLIPPERS OWNER FINED 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS

rattdog
New York
my understanding on this part is that he will be fined by the nba that amount in addition to being forced to sell his team via majority owner voting. if he wants to stay in the league somehow then obviously he would have to pay that fine. here's what I was wondering: since sterling knows that he's going to be forced out does he really have to pay that fine? he could say to the nba, "since I'm being kicked out why should I pay you the 2.5 mill? nba go fuck yourself.come and try and collect motherfuckers!!!" I can understand paying the irs or some government agency, but the nba?

5 comments

• jackslash
    10 years ago
    I think it would depend on the legal agreements the owners have with the NBA.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    10 years ago
    Was wondering that myself. Jackslash is probably correct, but it COULD be a serious amount of billable hours for lawyers on both sides of the fence, who will probably end up the real winners when this drama is over.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    He has to pay or he will be sued and go to jail if he loses. He signed an agreement when he bought the team that is legally binding.
  • warhawks
    10 years ago
    2.5 million is a lot of money for PLs like us.

But to him, 2.5 mill is pocket change. He should have paid the $2.5 mill to her to make her go away and he'd still have his NBA team and all the perks that go with it.

• Fanky
    10 years ago
    Geeeeezuuuus
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion