tuscl

Heartbleed

Was TUSCL affected? Do we need to change our passwords?

22 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol!

Pretty sure this site runs Apache.

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    I have so many multiple aliases it would take me hours to change them all, if we do need to.

• deogol
    10 years ago
    The site runs:

www.tuscl.net unknown September 2008 Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.3.26 Linux

It definitely runs OpenSSL.

One of the reasons I have a separate password for all my accounts. If it ain't a bug someplace, it's a hacker, if it ain't a hacker, its fools in charge of data that let it get out in the wild.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Think OpenSSL 1.0.0 is okay.

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140…

So OpenSSL 1.0.0 should be okay.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    lol! maybe already happened?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    lol!

Yep, as long as firewall is on and McAfee software is running any computer should be safe.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol! RickyBoy has saved us all before and is messianic in general.

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I know how they did it...up, up, down, down, left, left, right, right, a,b,a,b, select, start...I think.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    It's the Canadian Mafia
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I received the following email this morning:

McAfee®

Consumer Threat Alerts

Dear shadowcat:

Recently, a major security vulnerability named "Heartbleed" has made headlines around the world. This is a severe vulnerability stemming from a coding mistake in a widely-used security utility called OpenSSL.

The bug affects the encryption technology designed to protect your sensitive data on the Internet, like usernames, passwords and emails.

This is a flaw in the OpenSSL encryption code, not a virus that can be stopped by McAfee or other consumer security software. Because this vulnerability takes advantage of servers, and not consumer devices, businesses need to update to the latest version of OpenSSL to mitigate and address the dangers posed.

McAfee is currently in the process of auditing all of our services, and the services provided by our partners, for any dangers posed by Heartbleed. If there is any instance that the vulnerable version of OpenSSL is in use we will remediate with the utmost urgency.

The severity of the Heartbleed vulnerability cannot be overstated: several major enterprises use OpenSSL, and are likely affected by this vulnerability as well. The dangers posed by this vulnerability are very real and could affect you if exploited.

So what do you need to do? •Right now, the best thing you can do is wait to be notified about affected services and patches or you can investigate this list provided by Mashable that has some well known brands listed.
    •If you'd like to investigate whether or not a website you frequent has been affected, you can use this tool.
    •Reset your password for every online service affected by Heartbleed. But beware: you should only change your password after the afflicted business has fixed its servers to remove the Heartbleed vulnerability. Changing your passwords before a company's servers are updated will not protect your credentials from being leaked.
    •For additional details, please click here.
    We at McAfee apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We will be contacting you again as we update our services that use OpenSSL.

Thank you for your time, and safe surfing.

Sincerely,

Gary Davis

• juiicebox69
    10 years ago
    My hartz fine but my dick iz bleedn from dat skank I fuked last nite !
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    It’s probably the damn Russians getting back at us for standing up to them about Crimea.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Well if you were around 4 years ago and can't remember your email or password and never changed it, it's all online.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I wonder if the Russians are sending me ads of half naked girls. Those Russians are distracting. :)
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I heard Obama was on the phone 1.5 hours with Putin. I guess they were discussing who gets what.

Who knows, Obama might have been telling Putin he can keep his doctor. That he has a great new health insurance plan for him. Plus he has a bridge to Crimia that he can sell.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    The CIA is probably keeping a file on all of us. A former director of the CIA posted on another web site I posted on a couple of months ago and I may have a relative who may have once worked for the CIA but he could only say he worked for the government. I thought he once told me he had visited over 100 countries.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I believe the CIA is thorough so they probably keep track of people across all web sites.

With all my relatives unknown security clearances, I have likely been reviewed a few times. Maybe these somewhat anonymous sites got skipped. hoping. Of course they can always get your ip address and find out everywhere you go.

All phone calls have been recorded and monitored by computer for eons. Several key words may cause human monitoring.

If they want to, the NSA can even watch what you type on your pc I believe with hidden codes within the operation systems.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I believe only the top brass gets security levels high enough to know about alien activity.

Juice they know about you. lol
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I seem to recall Clinton saying even the president doesn't get to see the alien stuff.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @shark: the guy who recruited me for my job used to work for the NSA.

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    What an ass hole!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion