tuscl

reality

crazyjoe
Colorado
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:43 AM
Why is that when you watch all those daytime shows like Maurey or Steve Wilkos and people are arguing about whatever or some chick is taking the fiveth guy in for a paternity test, a lot of the people on there have southern accents?

14 comments

• skibum609
    10 years ago
    Really? I see a majority of minorities on these shows. As a Bostonian I am aware that Southerners are actually far nicer people than Northerners, no matter their race or ethnicity.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^^I know. You were the 17th daddy in there
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    The people on those shows all live in trailer homes too.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you cant take the trailer park out of the girl
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Like all reality television, it's not reality. Those people volunteer to be on the show with some fake or mostly fake story in exchange for a free trip to NYC or wherever, the chance to be on TV and presumably a small amount of cash.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Maury used to on in a bar I drank my lunch in, and most of the stories are real; they have to be or they'd be lawsuits. Look at what happened to Turtle Man and his fake critter rescues... The best shows are when a woman has like 3 guys tested for paternity and none are the father. She usually runs off in tears while all 3 guys are high fiving. Classic stuff!
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    ^^^LMFAO I am with you rockstar!!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Theses people are undereducated, have no understanding of etiquette, manners, saving face, diginity, and honor. I pity them but not as much as I pity the intelligent people like myself. We're a dying breed. Just watch Idiocracy.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Stupidity and ignorance can be found everywhere. Southern dialects are different, but not an indication of being a moron. One of my faves has a drug addicted mother who lies around on the couch watching "reality" TV and soaps all day. She thinks they're funny as Hell and probably identifies with many of the idiots. I also try to differentiate between those who are educated and those who are smart. I've met many well educated souls who lack the common sense needed to survive and others who lack formal education and are extremely smart individuals. Sometimes the difference has more to do with personality traits, such as grit, resilience, & perseverance, than the number of college credits accumulated.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Lawsuits? From who? Some of the stories may have a basis in truth but most of them are pure bullshit. I know that for a fact in regard to Springer.
  • goodsouthernboy
    10 years ago
    It does my heart good to see some of y'all standing up for southerners. Thanks for that! Sure, there's truth to all stereotypes, but at the same time, that truth is often exaggerated.
  • toysales
    10 years ago
    The Maury show is basically fake. I know a couple of people that have been on it. Their story is basically true but they are paid to blow it up.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I saw a item one time where they showed the same lady on two different shows. The excuse was that on one she was "filling in" for her sick friend. Yeah, right!
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Right on rockstar. I love it when them hoes leave and the guys are high fiving. Slick...so true Gawker...that is true never estimate anyone or anything.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion