tuscl

Thoughts on Pittsburgh area clubs

Corvus
Arizona
Monday, March 10, 2014 12:17 PM
I've been looking at the info here on Pittsburgh area clubs in preparation for a trip there in a few months. For such a large city the club scene appears less than satisfactory. For those of you fellow TUSCL members familiar with Pittsburgh what are your thoughts? Maybe I should not plan on clubbing while there? I would hate to miss an out of town opportunity.

5 comments

• Sowhatt
    10 years ago
    It's no Detroit, but there's full contact dances at reasonable prices. Stick with blush/cheerleader's/penthouse club and you'll have a good time.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I heard them clubs were the Pits.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    blush/cheerleader's/penthouse club are the only downtown clubs worth discussing. I'm not a big fan of blush because it's very small and LDs are obscenely expensive. I think I was quoted $35 per song last time there. Two-way contact is standard with most but not all dancers. There are varying opinions on what's possible in the hotel rooms. One dancer wanted me to buy a room to "see if we hit it off" before arranging OTC. Cheerleader's has always been very smokey when I've been there. The stage setup (behind the bars with dollar tossing) is retarded IMO. it's I've been able to bat 1000 for two-way contact dancer there. although I wouldn't say it guaranteed. I also really dislike that there is a valet. Also, varying opinions on what's possible in certain of the rooms. Haven't been to Penthouse... hoping to get there sooner than later but life (and snow & ice) have been getting in the way. I've pretty much given up on the McKees Rocks clubs. Club Erotica typically has had very good eye candy, but the basic LDs are strictly hands off. Personally, I wouldn't expect much luck in the rooms if not a regular. Silky's has always been a dive... but IMO things were not heading in the right direction when the new owners took over a yer or maybe two ago. Personally, I prefer the Filly Corral, but it's 45+ mins south of downtown. Non-smoking, fairly laid back blue-collar type of club. Very high batting % on two-way contact dances... but no evidence of extras. Ultimately it depends on what you a re looking for.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    See also: [view link] IMO... still a fairly accurate summary
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    FWIW... I commute over 2hrs to Pittsburgh (primarily the Filly Corral lately) since there is shit options for at least two-way LDs where I live.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion