tuscl

Unexpected car inspection awaited me in parking lot of strip club

IRman
Florida
Sunday, March 9, 2014 11:02 AM
I went to a club in florida this past week. I'd like to keep this discussion generic in terms of not naming the club. I'm also not going to identify the make or model of my car. This particular club is not in the best part of town but not terrible either. When I exited the club maybe 30-45 minutes after arrival I was a little surprised to glance ahead and see one male employee of the club and another male that i didn't recognize inspecting my vehicle a little closer than I was comfortable with. They were looking in the windows and seemed very intent on a close visual inspection. My car is nothing special and i bought it used a couple months ago for less than the average american pays for a new car. I tried to make my presence clear and couldn't help but to appear very uncomfortable with the circumstances. If you look in my car close enought it is pretty clear what my occupation is which I never share with dancers or strangers. Both of these men asked me if it was my vehicle and i answered affirmative and asked why. They simply said they were admiring it and asked me if it was a Bentley. I assured them it was not a Bentley and ended the conversation there. I've never had anything like this happen before at a strip club. Anyone have any comments or experience?

30 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    The first time I saw a Bentley, I thought it was a Chrysler because of the winged insignia. Then I looked inside. Holy shit.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "If you look in my car close enough it is pretty clear what my occupation is" Farmerart can identify. His "CANADIAN OILMEN DRILL DEEPER" bumper sticker on his F150 is a dead giveaway.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Motor, now I'm wondering what bumper stickers other members have. If juice had a Bentley, it would be covered with stripper decals, with flames on the hood and [view link]
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Are we talking a Hyundai Genesis? The winged hood emblems are similar from a distance.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I thought for a second the club employees were complaining because you drove a junker to the strip club and it was leaking oil all over their parking lot. :) Sometimes guys do check out vehicles. I don't think it's necessarily a strip club employee thing.
  • juiicebox69
    10 years ago
    Dey allweys tryn 2 b lookn in mines van windos !
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    "If you look in my car close enought it is pretty clear what my occupation is which I never share with dancers or strangers." I'm intrigued. What can be in the car? A fireman's helmet? A doctor's stethoscope? A priest's vestments? Inquiring minds want to know!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Jack, That was the most intriguing portion of the post. :)
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    A Papa John's cone you stick on the roof of your car would also be a dead giveaway
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Were they sizing it up for a theft?
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Motorhead, you should know by now FarmerArt drives an F250 not an F150. LOL
  • juiicebox69
    10 years ago
    Wit all hiz mony he b drivn henry fordz grandsun !
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Maybe you should name the club so other clubbers not comfortable with this kind of activity will avoid it.
  • membernumber1
    10 years ago
    This happens to me quite often....but it's usually people absolutely amazed at my car and they ask me how I manage to keep it together in one piece with all the rust...
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Um, you're a mortician, and you were going to embalm he dead body in the back seat in the morning?
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    You work for animal control, and there was a tied-up alligator in your back seat?
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    You're a catholic priest, and there was a tied-up altar boy in your back seat?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Once, in Ohio back in the 70's, I saw the flashing lights behind me on the way home from clubs. Of course the worst thoughts ran through my head. Turned out the officer wanted to see my car. For that, I was grateful.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    I have found that an EOD sticker on each of my rear side windows reduces close inspections (Explosive Ordinance Disposal spelled out with "STAY BACK" in red). I do not do EOD but a friend retired from the Navy and kept a big stack of perimeter cards from his last duty.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I used to drive my exotic sports car to the club when I was going a few times a year and it got attention as a matter of course, but when I started clubbing often not only did I stop driving it I changed my user name here because it was my license plate. It's not a good idea to advertise! Without knowing what kind of car you have, I don't know how unusual this is, but my car draws crowds everywhere so I'm well used to it.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @Clubber: That happens to me too. I've been pulled over a few times because the cop wanted to see the car.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Lol. I've heard of cops pulling over hot girls - but never pulling over hot cars.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    The car I mentioned was a '69/'70 Nissan Fairlady Z.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @Motorhead. Lots of cops are car guys. I once went by a local cop on a frontage road doing about 75 in a 30 zone. I figured I was totally screwed but after telling him about the car for 15 minutes or so he let me off with a warning. Another time I was on my way to bowling league and got pulled over. I was running late but I wasn't speeding. The cop started chit chat and I did my best not be rude...I explained I would be late and if I left now I could be on time without speeding. He laughed, apologized for talking my time and off I went. BTW I don't run a front plate which is illegal in my state; I've never had a cop ask about that!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    rock, Care to mention the vehicle?
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    No. Everyone in the one club I reviewed knows it, as do people who have my email. I'd rather post here with at least a hope of not being outed! The only hint I'll give you is the company has a couple F1 cars, but it's not a factory team. If you PM me with a guess I'll let you know if you're right!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Not that important.
  • carl95
    10 years ago
    Uhhh, it's Floriduh... stand your ground. Problem solved.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Yes, and I will if needed! Hopefully the threat of their dying will prevent an attack.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Yeah Opie, I feel your pain.People check out my F-250 and Park Avenue all the time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion