tuscl

A new Miami club review, Scary!

Clubber
Florida
Just saw the below review for a new Miami club. When I started reading it, I read "shill" all over it, but it sure wasn't that. So many "wrongs" in the review. I can't imagine an "upscale" anything in that area.

https://www.tuscl.net/rev.php?M=C&RID=20…

22 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Sounds like a club to avoid. Fingerprinting? At a strip club? I don't know about w truthful this review is.
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    Scary. The fingerprints, signature, and photocopies pretty much mean he is gonna get a huge credit card bill. Scams like this are common in Miami when dealing with Russians.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Them Russians are good with identity/fraud schemes. Your best bet is to have some penitentiary connections-CO or criminal. The Russians don't have the jailhouse strength that Browns, Blacks, & Whites have. That's the best place to get them.

In Cali, the Russians and Armenians run with the Southside in prison. The Woods, ABH, & Nazi Lowriders won't take them. They don't run with the Brothas. That leaves us.

Why the hell am I going on and on about prison shit? Back to the titties and asses.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    SS,

Makes me wonder why and how you know so much about the prisons. :)
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't even drive by this place let alone go.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I would not let myself be fingerprinted.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Slick...you are one badass motha fucka
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Clubber- I have two very close friends from when I was 18. After some of us matured(a little), one went into the Army and then became a Corrections Officer in California. The other went the opposite route. Between the two of them, I've heard enough that I never, ever, ever, ever, want to go to prison.

I've visited my law breaking buddy in the joint. Very depressing experience.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Just read the review. I would have left without doing the vip
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    @clubber - everything I know about prisons I learned from SOA
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    SS,

I visited a friend once if a Federal prison. It damn sure made me never want to go inside, and it was one of those "white collar" types. hardly hardcore.

steve,

About the same here, and not very pleasant. I also think, not that far from accurate.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Back in the late 90's, I use to read meters. I've been in Chino Men's and Chino Women's, Heman G. Stark's Youth Authority, Riverside Juvenile Hall, West Valley Detention Center, and Glen Helen Detention Center. I also did service work at Chino Men's.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I would have been outta there as soon as I heard $40 a dance.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    From the address, it looks like the club may be near downtown Miami – perhaps these dumbass club owners are counting on the daytime downtown crowd (the Brickell area of downtown has a lot of lawyer offices and bank/financial institutions) - also; downtown is not too far from South Beach and perhaps they are also counting on nailing the tourists.

But contrary to the possible myth; Miami is not a city w/ a lot of $$$ - yes there are those that are filthy rich and there is a fair # of those; but most people in Miami are struggling to keep their heads above water; even the middle class – Miami’s economy is largely based on tourism and service industry which are not high paying areas/jobs.

Plus there are A LOT of SCs in Miami – so I don’t see how they would compete with their bullshit – unless they are just planning on taking advantage of the unsuspecting.

Vivid is an upscale SC that opened a couple of months ago and all reviews point to it as being a very nice club but it struggling to get off the ground due to the lack of talent and custies; which goes hand in hand – so I see it tough for the SC mentioned in the OP.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    My understanding is that 11 is trying to carve out a new, sort of hybrid niche rather than compete directly with the SC's, nightclubs and/or bars. The exclusivity seems to be part of the atmosphere they're trying to generate. The prices reflect that, the vague advertising is obviously designed to to elicit the awe & wonder required for that model. I can see the appeal/understand the strategy. While Miami isn't overall a wealthy city, there's no shortage of money floating around. There's also no shortage of established players in the nightclub and stripclub market. The hybrid approach may be their best chance of breaking in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I buy in; I'd rather watch my screensaver and I just have the blank screen one. I'm not a nightclub guy though. I also don't have tons of cash to throw around or a SO to justify my visits to places with naked women prancing around with either. I'm probably not their target market, and I doubt many of the folks on this site are.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    OK, you S. Florida TUSCLers, who's going to TOFTT?
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    As mentioned in a discussion some time back when Vivid Miami opened, like Papi-Chulo mentions what happens is that there are few real high rollers, and they don't have to go to a strip club -- they can hit some of the really high rolling, if-you-have-to-ask-if-you-can-go-in-you-can't nightclubs in South Beach and get their action there.

There seems to be a number of attempts to bring to Miami, like Dolfan mentions, the "Ultra Lounge" concept of an upscale strip club/night club/after-hours club hybrid. But does that have a success record?

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    I watched Cool Hand Luke and Shawshank.
  • warhawks
    11 years ago
    Attica!!!

Attica!!!

(In Leslie Nielson's voice)
  • ReadyPayerOne
    11 years ago
    I'm going to be in Miami in a few months. A stripper I met recently in another state told me she was moving to Miami to work at this very club. I may just have to stop by to see a) if I can run into her and b) what a shit show this place is. If it's still in business.
  • 2ofus
    10 years ago
    Miami is either a paradise or a shithole, depending on where and who you are. There's no in-between and the in-betweens are the people who patronize strip clubs. Sounds like a bad place to be in the SC biz.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion