tuscl

best hustling strategies ever

Sunday, September 4, 2005 6:04 PM
I know girls do their best at the end of songs, pretend to like you and act like they care, but what's the best hustle you've been hit with and how much did you spend on it? Finally, was it worth it?

18 comments

• davids
    19 years ago
    A post by Mouse got me doing a bit of research on the subject. In the chapter "Victim Theory" from Robert Greene's _The_Art_of_Seduction_, [view link] we learn about 18 victim types including the conqueror type that Mouse mentioned in the "female players" thread. Since nearly everyone is missing something in their lives they will probably fall into one of these 18 categories. Learn what category you are in before the stripper does or just make it a hard and fast rule not to spend money. If you are really clever learn what victim category your stripper falls into and then use the knowledge from the book against her. Good luck and have fun!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Every customer wants someting just a little different. The good dancers can figure that out quickly and adjust their approach accordingly.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I'll define hustling ala Pete Rose as opposed to scamming. A good hustle to me means putting in some effort with the customers, not just a drive-by "wanna dance" to everyone in the club. The best hustlers (IMHO) ask to sit, introduce themselves, get and remember your name, ask a few pertinent details like are you new to the club, visiting town, here on a convention, how long will you be in town, etc. They can be chit-chat, but the answers give the dancer valuable information. After 5-10 minutes of pleasentries she'll bring up the topic of dances. If you say maybe later or no thanks, a few more minutes of chat and she's on her way, but not so quick to make you feel dumped, and always politely, offering to check back, taking any hints you don't want her to. A good hustler knows how to read a customer and when to move on. If you get the dance, a good hustler makes sure you enjoy. Some will offer the next dance immediately. I find that a little too pushy and prefer the ones who sit for a song before asking if you want another. In general a good hustler will stay with a customer as long as he's buying, since the happy paying customer is money in the bank as opposed to working the room for 30 minutes to get another customer. The best hustlers can work two or three customers at a time in conjunction with their friends. I've seen dancers team up and recomend each other and work several customers all night. I was one once. I had three different dancers working me and a few other guys. When one had to go onstage another was there to keep me company and dance for me within a few minutes. I had a great time, and they all had customers waiting to get dances.
  • ArtCollege
    19 years ago
    Just had a firsti-time hustle. The manager was keeping a particularly sharp eye on the VIP area. i mentioned it to the girl I was sitting with, whom I had not met previously. She said that the legal situation in that town was unclear. The lawyers said that penetration was definitely illegal, but anything else seemed to be OK. Did I want a dance? You betcha! I'll settle for anything else just short of penetration. Then she carefully placed my hands on the seat, kept them off her body, and didn't even let a nipple penetrate my lips. I was hustled, but she did it nicely and cleverly.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    natural, good looking, older girl with great boobs and an even better smile who sits down and is able to cut right thru the bullshit no matter what. legit conversation, legit interest in a dance, sincere. or great extras
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Eye contact and a big smile and laughter from a cute girl work on me better than anything else. And if she wants me to return she needs to give me some way of determining when she is working. And if she treats me with courtesy I'll keep returning. That's really all it takes to keep me happy. But it's funny how hard that combination can be to find.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    I was wearing a jacket and tie. She put her hand inside the jacket and rubbed the small of my back, just above the belt line and told me she would meet me at my booth when I got a drink and got settled. She did and I left broke and happy. Only time I ever saw her.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    mtang: I believe I did figure it out: First all she was employing a reasonably sophisticated strategy but she was not consciously aware of why what she was doing worked. She was just following some rules or advice from a colleague of hers who probably did understand the theory. It was simply a case of her playing hard to get: Making herself a challenge to make me work hard to "get her". (Apparently this works well against certain personality types, not so well against others.) However there were a few twists: Ultimately I do not beleive she had much to appeal to anyone on an intellectual basis. Hence keeping quiet benefited her in this way. Secondly, she was so hot physically (9.5) and gave such good enough dances that may have been enough to seal the deal right there. The funniest part is that because she was just blindly following rules without understanding them she ultimately screwed up by trying scams that worked on other customers but didn't work on me. When I told other strippers about her weird behavior they were like "wow, this chick really had a deep understanding of what made you tick and how to take advantage of it". However, I don't think this was ultimately correct: She really understood nothing about me, otherwise she won't have tried her final gambit (OTC) that ended up costing her alot of my business. (I am sure I would have hit 5 digits of spending (yes $10,000) on her if she had played her cards correctly right up to the finish.) To what extent my spending was due to her behavior versus "her body" I don't think can ever be known...
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Oh, Just to clarify: I think the real reason her tactics worked as well as they did was not because she was "hard to get" although that is possible. I think it's more a case of her standing out from the rest because she was not trying to connect with me as a friend/girlfriend or a pretend version of these. My mind was free to focus on the "sex".
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    The technique that works best with me is no technique. I'm like a hot blonde who's heard all the supposedly great pickup lines, so girls can save them. And peppering me with boring stock questions about my home, job, etc. really kills the mood. A little bit of friendly contact (sitting on my knee) goes a long way. There's no need to say much, but if a bit of dumb flirting ensues, that can lead pretty quickly to a dance. Or, if we don't click, that should become evident in short order. Sitting away from me puts too much pressure on the conversation and just wastes time. Mauling me from the start would make me think the dance might be a letdown. Sorry I don't have a snappier answer.
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    no I think sitting on my lap before and after dances and light scratching and small talk does go a long way, so long as they act like they care more than just taking my money I leave with a good impression, it's all about customer satisfaction. Best Buy and Circuit City really don't care if you're happy for them to feel warm and fuzzy, they care if you're happy so you'd go back and spend more, strippers should do the same.
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    and shit davids if you were happy spending it it's your hard earned money then more power to you, and did you ever figure out why she was acting that way? was she because she figured it was making her money?
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    well I used the term loosely I just meant ways girls sell their dances, what was the best sales technique you've encountered.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I may have been the one who misread the question. I answered it in the sense of simply "making an effort to sell", which can include dishonesty but doesn't need to. The "con game" type hustle, like hustling at pool, I think of as a separate term, but the two meanings seem to bleed together in some people's minds.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Maybe I misunderstood the question: Does "hustling" imply dishonesty in your mind?
  • davids
    19 years ago
    For me it was the opposite of chandler: Act cold, show zero interest in my "as a person", make me work to get her to talk, make me work very hard to get her to laugh, make zero intellectual connection with me, always give very good dances, occasionally do some very naughty things at random but not consistently. So I guess it was a combination of "variable reinforcement" and "playing hard to get" that work well against me. At least back then. I spent 4 digits of money on her. I can't really say I regret it though, because her dances and body felt so damn good, and she never even tried to pretend that there was any possibility of friendship or beyond between us. I was also forced to learn alot by trying to figure why the fuck she was acting as weird as she did.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    The best hustle strategy is to come sit on my knee, and not ask where I'm from, what I do, whether I come in the club often, or whether I'm having a good time yet.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I don't know if this is a hustle but one I usually fall for is after the dancer does an excellent lap dance she might ask if I would like another one or two for only $10 or half the regular dance price for two dances. I often fall for that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion