tuscl

OT: Harold Ramis dead at 69

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:22 PM
"Ramis leaves behind a formidable body of work, with writing credits on such enduring comedies as "National Lampoon's Animal House" (which upon its 1978 release catapulted the film career of John Belushi, with whom Ramis acted at Second City), "Stripes" (1981) and "Ghostbusters" (in which Ramis also co-starred) plus such directing efforts as "Caddyshack" (1980), "National Lampoon's Vacation" (1983), "Groundhog Day" and "Analyze This." Animal House & Ghostbusters rank in my personal Top 10. RIP, Egon

14 comments

• sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Animal House was an awesome movie! I love the scene where the African-American dudes steal the dates from the guys! Lol!
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Harold Ramis was on Second City TV (SCTV) with John Candy when it moved to Toronto. SCTV had some off weeks. But the good episodes would have you ROFL every minute of the show.
  • victor2
    10 years ago
    I always enjoyed his work. Too young, unfortunate.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I know that I'll miss his comedic genius.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    You could build a Mount Rushmore of comedy movies with films he's been connected with
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I agree Motorhead. Wonder what you could build with Kevin Bacon's films by the time he dies.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I did not recognize the name at all. I looked up a recent pic and did not recognize him either. Then I reread the OP and the movies he’s been in and then it hit me – he was Bill Murray’s best bud whom enlisted with Murray in the army in the movie Stripes – I did not recognize him at all from his recent photos and didn’t think he would be that old – I guess time flies by.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Hey Mikey-I wonder if Kevin Bacon is seperated by 6 degrees from The System's 35%?
  • Tyres
    10 years ago
    On his death bed he received total consciousness. So he had that going for him. Which is nice.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Talented guy, will be missed. Apparently he had a falling out with Bill Murray during Groundhogs Day. Considering how laid back Ramis always seemed, and that he also had long time issues with Chevy Chase makes me think Murray must be a bit of a dick.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Who we gonna call now? :(
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Ramis wrote Animal house for Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd who couldn't get out of their commitment to Saturday night live. Animal House remains my favorite comedy for so many reasons, but mostly because its a 70's movie about a frat house at a New England college and in the 70's I was living in a frat at a New England college when the movie came out. The girls they "dated" from the woman's college reminds me of the few times my frat was invited by sororities at Smith and Mount Holyoke so the girls could have a night of slumming with scumbags from a State University.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "On his death bed he received total consciousness. So he had that going for him. Which is nice." Fucking hilarious....funniest thing I've read on this board in forever. Honestly, I'm sure I've seen a ton of Harold Ramis stuff, but can't really remember him being that funny. Bill Murray was hilarious, but Ramis was just kind of blah...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion