tuscl

Does flagging reviews make a difference?

Mistoff
Washington
I flag about a review every three weeks. Liars who obviously haven't been to the club. Claiming a shower dance, claiming they went to the VIP room in a club that doesn't have one. Always first-time reviewers.

Do the mods take any action on these? Does it matter? Or should we all lie together?

12 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Most of the reviews I’ve flagged have been removed within a couple of days.

TUSCL is a one-man operation (Founder) – and I think TUSCL is side-thing for him?

I recall PMing Founder a few weeks back w.r.t. flagged reviews and he said he was running behind on them.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If someone gets multiple flags, I think the review might get removed.

I was wondering about a recent review for platinum plus in Greenville. A $25 cover is higher than I ever heard and I only paid $10 on Saturday night. Inaccurate information makes me wonder if they even visited.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I flagged it. If someone is going to get credit for a review, then at least they could post correct prices or don't include it at all if they can't remember. Maybe they charge male visitors with females 2.5 times the normal price. I would question that cover charge.
  • Mistoff
    11 years ago
    Papi, I didn't realize it was a one man. is it the type of thing that I should send a paypal or equivalent to?
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    I'm surprised founder doesn't deputize some responsible dudes to help maintain the site.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Unfortunately NO Moderator(s) here.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’m willing to help Founder out on my spare time for a rea$onable compensation :)
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    As Papi said, founder is a one man show that started as a hobby and grew and grew and grew. In the beginning he had time to read every review and would accept or reject them. One of my earliest reviews was rejected because he though it was more of a story about my experience rather than a review. I rewrote it and it was accepted.

Now there are 100+ reviews submitted every day. There is no way 1 person could read all of those reviews and know if they were factual or not. So Founder came up with the flag system to alert him to bull shit reviews.

I doubt that he makes enough off of the site to hire anyone to help out. So improvements are on hold until he has the time to deal with them.
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    Everytime I've flagged a review and written why I am flagging it, within a short time it is gone. Founder does a great job IMHO.
  • Dolfan
    11 years ago
    The reviews I've flagged have been removed as well, with one exception. The exception was propped by someone else, so I assume the two offset.

Like others, I mostly only flag for reviews that contain factual misrepresentations of the club or that were clearly copied. Things like cover/parking charges, CR/Dance price errors, inaccurate club descriptions, etc. I really don't care about someone else getting credit, I just don't like the idea of people going to a club with misguided expectations. It's happened to me a few times and I find it quite annoying.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I've flagged only 2-3 in my life (I was a member here for years under another name but it was too obvious who I was so I changed it). One was very recent: a shot girl complaining she had to go topless if she did lap dances! WTF?? That's not a review, it's a personal gripe.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Does flagging reviews make a difference?"

ONLY if the reviews get DELETED.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion