tuscl

Women's Hockey

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:31 AM
Should women's hockey even be an Olympic sport? There's only one good team (Canada), followed by a few ok teams, (Finland, Sweden, and maybe the yanks), but all the other teams are junk. I personally think they should scrap it, and have the Canadian ladies team play against the men, perhaps they will finally have a challenge.

16 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    They should keep it. It is well known that Canadians do it doggie style so that both partners can watch the hockey game but people in other countries like to do it doggie style too.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Keep it,but I like to do it Cattie style.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Only a few of the winter Olympic sports I enjoy. Each and everyone involves speed! EX: Downhill, Bobsled/Luge, Sprint Speed Skating, Curling...
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Forgot, as for hockey, a great sport, but TERRIBLE on TV.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Are you kidding me? Canada vs. the US should be a knockdown drag-out of the first order. Canada has 87,000 registered players and the US 65,000. Together, that represents a bit more than 2/3 of all the women who play hockey. The Finns also have a pretty decent team. Watching US vs Switzerland the other night, I was impressed by their speed, their power, their shooting and their passing. Above all, I was impressed by their discipline and hustle for the puck. The Canadians have a bit more muscle, but I don't think they are as fast as the US. Personally, I like fast women. (Sorry, I just couldn't resist that.) Given that these two teams really don't like each other, the Gold Medal game will be must see TV for me.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Lol, doggie style watching the game!
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    The US team is pretty good. I'm a big Blackhawks fan so I watch a LOT of hockey, and yes, the women are slower and less skilled than a pro NHL team, but they can play hockey, and it's fun to watch. The big ice makes for more passing which hurts the US but they're making it work. The likely gold medal game against Canada will be amazing: the physical US team against the more skilled Canadians.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    ATACdawg- I vaguely recall seeing in the runup to the Olympics that Canada and the US did indeed have a knockdown dragout of the first order when they played each other once. That is something I'd like to see, girls fighting on skates.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    They already took baseball out of the Olympics because 3 or four countries dominated, US, Japan, Cuba and Dom Rep. It was removed because it is an American sport. Why is it when North America dominates a particular sport for a period of time everyone says "its a waste of time get rid of it" . My answer is GET BETTER there was talk of getting rid of basketball because the US dominated so many years with college players against the world's pros. Now the talk has died away since the US does not dominate it any more. It does not make basketball any less a worthless game. People have wondered why the game of Curling is an Olympic event because it is so easy to do but curling is like bowling... it is easy to play but very hard to do well. Does anyone else think that NBC has don its usual shitty job on there coverage. To much bs not enough actual cameras on athletes.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Tiredtraveller-Much agreed upon with Baseball. It's the Euro-trash who hate baseball. All the Americas play Baseball. Soccer crazy Argentina has kick as beisbol. On to Asia. Asia loves Baseball. Nuff said. Even Europe has teams that compete successfully in the World Baseball Classic. Italy and the Netherlands doing quite well. Then we have the Little League World Series. Fuck the Olympics.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Just finished watching the first of two US-Canada women's hockey games. Does anyone still think that only the Canadian women can play? That was a lot of fun to watch - a real knockdown drag-out.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Those twin sisters on the US team play like men. Very physical despite no checking allowed. They're like the Hanson brother's sisters! Makes for good entertainment.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Anyone want an autographed photo of the Hansons. All three. :)
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    As long as the women aren't allowed to check its not a true game. Are they kidding with the no check rule for women? Do they think that its unladylike or something? How stupid.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Sclvr, I can pretty much promise that these girls would LOVE to body check. This whole thing is akin to the old three dribble and pass rule that women basketballers had to deal with. That changed, and this will too.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    I hope your right, ATACdawg. That stupid rule needs to change. I'm sure that the players don't like it either. It was probably the Olympic Committee or some or powers that be that decided that the girls were too delicate or something lame like that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion