tuscl

Raid on Detroit Strip Club

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:13 PM
Channel 4 News reported that the Highland Park Deja Vu Club was raided due to prostitution, drugs, under-age dancers, and after-hours partying. Highland Park is a small city within the City of Detroit, and is known as a bad area. The news report had a video of police and people milling around outside the club. Georgebailey posted that the Flight Club had been raided. I don't know if the Flight Club was also raided or if there was some confusion about which club was raided. Nothing on the TV news about the Flight Club.

11 comments

• MilkMan2484
    10 years ago
    seems to a going thing with the new chief of police up there. So far I've heard of raids at the Toy Chest,Penthouse,Coliseum and Players also. I Thought the Flight Club was in Inkster and of the DPD's jurisdiction.
  • georgebailey
    10 years ago
    It was the Déjà Vu in Highland Park not the Flight Club in Inkster. There weren't any other clubs that were raided. Only this place, long avoided by Michigan hobbyists and appreciators of the fine female form. Most of our clubs are on the edge of the Detroit city limits. This place is surrounded by the city. Thus has always been a place to avoid.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Here's a link to the news video of the raid. I'm glad I wasn't there. [view link]
  • zef8mich
    10 years ago
    They mention cleaning up the streets. Just across Deja Vu on Woodward in Detroit the area is known for transvestite street walkers. Deja vu isn't gay itself.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Don't think it would hurt anyone's feelings if the place stayed shut.
  • zef8mich
    10 years ago
    Historically highland park was where Henry Ford created the first assembly line in his highland park factory.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    It's a LONG way from those days now.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Hey Aluparentalletdown,one must have feelings in order to have them hurt.
  • bvino
    10 years ago
    Good to see that all the other crimes in Detroit and Highland park have been taken care of. This club is in the shadow of the second Model T plant (long closed and abandoned) and is a real dive. This is grandstanding to distract from the bankruptcy issues and is probably more related to lack of payola. I last went to this club in 1981 collect some money from a deal that went south. It was good for that but not much else. Aftehours drinking? in Dteroit? what a shock.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    The club owner must have missed a payment to the city council and police chief.
  • Jmoney007
    10 years ago
    the sad part about all that was, they claim that they found guns and drugs, im gonna assume that the drugs were found on some of the patrons and the few guns they did find were the owner's. this is just a ploy to shutdown all the city's good clubs. they call them selves cleaning up the streets but they are really just making it harder on us to have fun, due to my license being suspended, i can't drive out to the clubs that are in dearborn and inkster i have to stay in the city and 2 clubs within a mile have shut down....well one shut down, the other burned down. i just hope that they dont shut it down for good, because the news is just inflating the truth to gain public outrage, ever since that 8 mile club got permanently shut down due to an underage dancer, they want to use that to claim another club, if this keeps up then all of Detroit's clubs will be closed down and all the thugs that normally stay in the city will migrate out to the other clubs outside the city.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion