tuscl

[OT] Tax Season

How many tax returns do you folks have to do this year? I need to do 8, count 'em 8! And, of these, only one is due to being late.

20 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Also to get this slightly on topic - I've always been surprised by the number of strippers I've met who are studying to be accountants. Dull accountant by day? Wild stripper by night?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Strippers should make good accountants.

They have plenty of practice keeping the ol' Pencil sharp.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    What do accountants do when they are constipated?

Same thing they always do. They work it out with a pencil
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I do 2 tax returns
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    On a related unrelated story :) – I was at a SC on Fr. in the late afternoon and heard the DJ trying to encourage the dancers by saying tax season and thus tax refunds are just around the corner – I think it was mainly to say PLs were going to be coming into the club to spend their tax returns.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Just one- my own.

Dougster...you got several people paying you to do theirs?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Nah, family - no pay, just gratitude, if that. :-)
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Four.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Since you guys seen to know a lot about this

Is using an online program like tax act.com a good idea?

I don't know how to do my own, so I've used that website the last 2 yrs
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Should be fine. I believe it's free. Should be fast and accurate as well. (Just hope taxact doesn't pull a Target with all those online returns they've saved, though.)
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I’ve used TurboTax free edition for the last few years – my taxes are simple and the online app has been good enough and inline w/ when I used to use a preparer.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Thanks man

I haven't had any problems with tax act the last 2 years I've used it

Just wanted to double check
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    only two for me
    At one time recently I did them manually. nothing too difficult.

Then I upgraded my age old pc. I buy the tax software because I was concerned with how secure the information was with a third party. Then a hacker stole information from almost the entire state of south Carolina department of revenue. Supposedly paper returns were safe. They supposedly mailed out letters to everyone affected but I never received a letter and I filed electronically. Of course I don't know who may have my information. I thought maybe I was being paranoid about not using free software but quickly changed my mind after the sc hacking and especially after Target was hacked.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    0! My accountant does mine. : )
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Accountant does mine also.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I think I finally found an accountant who can do my own return (which would be a nice thick book if you printed it out). The most complicated return I'll still have to do myself. The rest shouldn't be too bad.

And I was wrong it's only 7 returns I need to do. Next year will be 8, however, although my new accountant will definitely be doing two of them.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Grrrrr! What a joy to be reminded about this happy task.

An accountant does my company's taxes. I do my own personal return; the accountant is not aggressive enough for me. I use software to prepare my return but I file a paper return via snail mail.....for the above-mentioned security concerns.

This year I have two additional returns to do. I am the executor of a dead relative's estate. I must do the return for the last year of life and the return for the estate. Modest income relative, small estate - easy job.

As an aside, if anybody ever asks you to be executor of their estate.....say NO, emphatically. It is a miserable job.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I'm doing zero tax returns. I'm practicing to be a stripper.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I saw an amusing Facebook post yesterday. The guy commented that he's noticed a large number of posts from dudes telling their baby mamas how much they love and and miss them. It's tax season and these guys know their baby mamas are soon to get large EIC tax refunds
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    @motorhead Did these fellas look scruffy, poorly dressed and wore too big clothes with shitty ass Jordans? That's how most "fly" deadbeat daddys look these days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion