tuscl

Homeland security raids Mass. strip club in search of bootleg Red Sox and Patrio

The investigators say they found $10,000 worth of knockoff Boston sports merchandise at the Foxy Lady in Brockton, Mass. The club allegedly sold the counterfeit goods and gave them away with the purchase of two lap dances.

Homeland Security raided a strip club to crack down on about $10,000 worth of bootleg Red Sox and Patriots merchandise, authorities said.
Investigators reportedly found strippers at the Foxy Lady in Brockton, Mass. sporting the sports gear when they searched the strip club Friday about 1 p.m.
RELATED: STRIP CLUB MUST REMOVE SUGGESTIVE SIGN
"We seized various boxes of sports shirts," Bonanca told the Boston Herald. "The same jerseys sometimes sell for $200 at the store."
The Boston paper said Foxy Lady bought the low-quality knock-offs for $3 to $5 a pop. The club marked them up to $10 for customers or gave them away for free with the purchase of two lap dances, according to Bonanca.
RELATED: SCOTTISH STRIP CLUB TURNS LAP DANCES INTO WEE GOOD DEED
Officers seized 420 shirts with fake team logos.
The owner, Frank Caswell, will likely receive a court summons for the counterfeit goods but has cooperated with authorities so far, Bonanca said.

Caswell said he was not at liberty to discuss the raid or alleged bootlegging operation.
"With all due respect, the people that came in today, that was doing the confiscating, had given me explicit instruction to not to talk about it," he said to The Enterprise of Brockton. "I was led to believe that this should not be discussed with anyone."
A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson said money made from bootleg goods often - but not always - helps fuel criminal activities abroad. This is why their Homeland Security Investigations unit has been cracking down on such activity in recent years.
The Idaho-based Coalition to Advance the Protection of Sports Logos tipped off local authorities to Foxy Lady's alleged illegal money-making scheme, according to The Enterprise.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ho…

6 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    Great allocation of resources.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    These tees are truly trashy. Of the 20 or 30 in my drawers most have been used for car polishing and other cleaning tasks. The only advantage to them is that when a nude stripper wears one with nothing on under it, it's almost see-through.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    What's the next national security threat? The local Flea Market?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Good.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol gawker
  • Yoda
    11 years ago
    I like to look at the bright side. The price of the "2 for 1" was $25 instead of $30 last Saturday night since there were no t-shirts for the girls to peddle. I can't wait to see what the owners come up with next...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion