tuscl

Tell Me to Go

Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:49 AM
My financial situation has not been great, but I've accumulated a little money in the bank, and am considering getting out of the house to a club today. I've really only been out a few times all this year. Give me some encouragement, please, fellas. Tell me it's ok to head down to the local club and look at some naked ladies, have a few beers, and perhaps indulge in a dance or two. We only live once, right?

25 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Once again, Bullwinkle hits you with some sage advice. Listen to him, young man. Now, if you listen to me, you might end up in a Bolivian prison wondering what the fuck just happened. If you do survive, what a book your tale will make. Listen to Bullwinkle.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    And if you follow slick's advice and do write the book, it could sell millions of copies and make you fantastically wealthy. Chances are that won't happen, so listen to Bullwinkle.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @GSB-Hahahahaha! You are spot on.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Moderation is the key word. Go ahead.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    I can't tell you to do this or to do that. From my own life I will tell the bad choices that I made. I was a working fool from age 15 onwards, building my own company. I had no girl friends (I didn't even have sex until I was 37), no vacations, no hobbies.....just work. Now, I am 65.....no family.....pots of money......back in business because retirement bored me to death....I will die working in all probability. Superdude is very wise. Moderation.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't recommend it.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    You can't take it with you, man. Just think about what you can spend realistically and only take that amount in with you.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NO, you can't realistically take money to the grave. BUT should you spend so much that you can't pay your bills or feed yourself &/or your family/dependents? Some may be tempted to.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    leave your ATM & VISA cards at home. Also make sure you have money for gass to get home & to work or cab fair to get home if you drink to much
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Well – if you don’t go that often – then perhaps you are not already overindulging so going once in a while could fit the definition of moderation. if the SC will give you the enjoyment that nothing else will; then might as well enjoy yourself every now and then. It could be that your financial situation may never improve enough (or at least for a long while) to where you can SC to your heart’s content and you may end up dying broke and with no SC enjoyment.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Fuck moderation! Go for the gusto. I know several friends who saved and invested all their lives and died before enjoying it. Their widows are having extravagant retirements.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ nothing can beat the voice of experience IMO. It seems more often than not that the old timers say to go ahead and enjoy yourself while you can. One can spend their whole life paying the bills and saving; but then one day get bad news from the doctor and all that $$$ may not do anything for you then – plus might as well enjoy yourself while you can – one does not know what kind of shape (e.g. health; etc.) they may be in, in the future.
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    All of the moderation advice is very good. I do not have the money to make a lot of extravagant visits to strip clubs, but I go at least once a month. I rarely spend over $100 and thoroughly enjoy most of my visits. I do not spend on alcohol so I can use the money on lapdances. Rarely do a VIP but at my local club (Follies) the lap dances are better than a lot of VIPs elsewhere. Spend wisely and you should be able to have a fun experience. You will not have as much fun as a highroller like Farmerart, but neither will most of the other customers.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I save money for retirement. I pay all my bills and then save a little bit more. Then I have some extra money I have to figure out what to do with. I could save more and invest it. I take a bit of it, set it aside for future expenses such as a car, an emergency fund, etc, some I spend on strip clubs. If I saved every penny hoping to retire early, I might succeed but I would be a grumpy old man wishing I hadn't waited so long to have some fun. I know I will not enjoy things as much now or as much as I used to. If the end of the world comes, if our currency becomes worthless, if we all suddenly die in a tsunami or other disaster, at least I will have the satisfaction knowing I had some fun while I had the chance while still saving in case I do live a long time.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    You could show us the money, your savings, how much you plan to spend, your approximate income and expenses, and we could act like Suze Orman and tell you if you can afford it. You could do the same with the tv show and instead of strip club, just tone it down and say a night of entertainment out in the town. They just talk money on the show as far as specific details. If you do that, I would be curious if you were approved or denied.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Only a little bit huh? Though farmerart said he worked his whole life and no fun, and superdude said moderation...right now, if it's a little bit of cash, keep it. You don't know what circumstance may come up. You may suddenly find yourself having an interview and you need new slacks. Right now you can't afford moderation. So you need to save, save, save. You have a job? Wait till tax season to return to the club. You want attention, not defection.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "but neither will most of the other customers." Yeah, since we don't have his multi-million $$$$$$$ resources. LOL
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I just read PC's latest comment and I thought of something. The old timers lived most likely in a baby boomer's generation where there was only up if you wanted it. As young people, we currently live in a generation where you can fall faster than you climb. Right now, our economy makes it hard press for those up and coming to really enjoy their money and work. I'd seriously just save it until you have ample dollars to the point where you really don't know what to do with it. Ask yourself this: What else could you possibily use that money for? Keep in consideration that if the amount you have is not enough for other desires, can you save up for enough if you keep blowing it at the strip club?
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    If you have to ask strangers if you can afford then you cannot. The only smart way to handle money is to make a weekly budget. Paycheck is divided among the budget items i.e: Mortgage, cars, repairs, clothing, food, phone, utilities, gym, vacation, spending etc. That way when you go through your 50 weekly spending money by spending 450 at a strip club you have to go back to your spread sheet and deduct the $400 from clothing or mortgage etc. If you just write checks you never understand that money you blow came from somewhere. As far as being a baby boomer? Unemployment was the same in 1982 as it is now. The job market sucked. After graduating law school I worked as a security guard 85 hours a week to make ends meet. Spare me the sob stories.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    "Tell me to go". OK. Get the fuck outta here. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    IMO – the main difference b/w baby-boomers and baby-busters is that the boomers have the luxury of hindsight and IMO their opinions are mostly based on hindsight/experience
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    w.r.t. to going or not going – there is the saying “use it or lose it” (and that can go for your $$$; health; sexual functioning/enjoyment; etc.) If you save up to be old; you may: 1) not get there 2) not be in good health to enjoy yourself even if you got the $$$ My opinion is not a recommendation – just a viewpoint
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Remember the Holy Trinity of Money-Save, Spend, and Donate.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Go for it. I'm just not sure what you are going for yet.
  • flguytampa21
    11 years ago
    Stay Away. It is all down hill. Once and you will want to go again tomorrow. The you that will be the last time. Finally you you have gone 3 times a month and spent a grand.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion