tuscl

Facsim is here... gun confiscation in NY

deogol
Michigan
Guess Alutard should move to New York...

"New York City authorities have been sending out notices to residents who own guns that now violate new ammunition capability laws, demanding they relinquish their weapons..."

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013…
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

9 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Confiscate and destroy alutard's brain! Oooppss... Guess that's already been done!
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Five rounds? Really? Isn't that pretty much everything other than single-shot target guns? I do remember seeing a cute little .25 revolver that had a five round cylinder, but it wasn't the kind of weapon I would normally own myself.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Good for NY!
  • juiicebox69
    11 years ago
    ..................................Allturd !
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    Alucard we should ban you
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    I'm not at all sure that NYC's demand to surrender all weapons with magazines larger than 5 rounds is enforceable. It seems to me that it is ex post facto, and therefore unconstitutional.

And before anyone jumps on me as a gun nut, I don't own a gun and really have no desire to own one. However, this idiot law won't affect any criminal's gun purchases and smacks of Big Brother getting into our shorts.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I see NY is standing behind the rights of law breakers. Only those who obey the law will have to turn in their guns.

I do not know how they will know if you bought one out of state or off the record. They won't. That means only law breakers will be able to defend themselves pretty soon. All the idiots trying to remove weapons from Law abiding people should be told that if they succeed, murders and crime will skyrocket. Just take a look where all the mass murders have been happening, all in gun free zones. Crime drops when the criminals know everyone is armed and knows how to use their weapons. I do not remember hearing of a single mass shooting from Switzerland.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    From Wikipedia talking about crime in Switzerland.
    The annual rate of homicide by any means per 100,000 population was 0.70, which is one of the lowest in the world.[
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Interesting article about gun control and Switzerland's low crime rate.
    http://guncite.com/swissgun-kopel.html

quote to sum at the end
    "What have we learned from Switzerland?' Guns in themselves are not a cause of gun crime; if they were, everyone in Switzerland would long ago have been shot in a domestic quarrel.

Cultural conditions, not gun laws, are the most important factors in a nation's crime rate. Young adults in Washington, D.C., are subject to strict gun control, but no social control, and they commit a staggering amount of armed crime. Young adults in Zurich are subject to minimal gun control, but strict social control, and they commit almost no crime.

America-with its traditions of individual liberty-cannot import Switzerland's culture of social control. Teenagers, women, and almost everyone else have more freedom in America than in Switzerland.

What America can learn from Switzerland is that the best way to reduce gun misuse is to promote responsible gun ownership. While America cannot adopt the Swiss model, America can foster responsible gun ownership along more individualistic, American lines. Firearms safety classes in elementary schools, optional marksmanship classes in high schools and colleges, and the widespread availability of adult safety training at licensed shooting ranges are some of the ways that America can make its tradition of responsible gun use even stronger."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion