tuscl

Weirdest night thus far as a dancer

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:21 AM
I work at the cheetah in atlanta and recently saw a really negative review about one of the nights I was working. It was about 3 weeks ago on a Tuesday and a millionaire was in the house. (though I didn't know it at the time) He and his guests were seated in the dining area above part of the restaurant. Anyway, the ~millionaire~ makes some deal with the dj that he'll pay him $1000 every time he plays the safety dance song. Wtf. And project the weird ass video on all the screens in the club. So what does the dj do? Plays the song the Entire. Fucking. Night. Not only was it the unsexiest and most undanceable EVER but really through off everyone's hustle. He'd make us think the nightmare was over and start playing another song, and then 45 seconds in....the fucking safety dance song starts again. I'd seriously rather listen to cotton eyed joe on repeat for the rest of my life than be subjected to another night of the fucking safety dance song. It was also pretty infuriating to have to tip the dj 10% of my earnings that night. In hindsight I probably would have done the same shit though; I'm sure he made at the very least 50 grand that night. Anyway, that's been my strangest and most hellish experience as a dancer thus far.

11 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Cotton Eye Joe over Safety Dance...No.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "most undanceable EVER but really through off everyone's hustle" I believe, in the context of this sentence, the word you were looking for is "threw" not " through".
  • Rachelmmm
    11 years ago
    You're right.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    I can't imagine tipping the DJ for an entire evening of Safety Dance. He made enough $$$ from the whale and doesn't deserve to take money from the dancers that undoubtably made less than usual that night.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Thanks Rachel for sharing this with us. I was skeptical if the review was true or not but you confirmed it. I wonder how long he will stay a millionaire with spending habits like that.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    The millionaire must be a weird dud. To listen to the same song 50 times is almost as bad as anything by that faggot north Korean gingham or gungam or dung head (what ever it's name is). The DJ must be just as bad to take tips from the girls when he made serious money by fucking them over. If I was the DJ I likely would have put in earplugs and played the song over and over but not taken tips from the girls that night.
  • how
    11 years ago
    Dude had more dollars than sense.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Most do.
  • StripReviewer
    11 years ago
    There should be a lawsuit in that story somewhere. Since he deliberately set a mood where there's no possible way you could make as much money, he should legally lose his expectation of a tip.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    I going to call bullshit on this one. The original comment was from a one of one reviewer and this is just a rehash of his made up story. I heard plenty of millionaire stories from the girls in Atlanta. Not even half of them true.
  • Rachelmmm
    11 years ago
    @silkypants I wish I was making this story up. I just pray this guy doesn't come in again while I'm working. If you stop by cheetah again in the near future I'm sure someone could verify this for you. It was only a few weeks ago, not that it really matters
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion