tuscl

2013-2014 NBA Season

Clackport
Washington
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:14 AM
The NBA regular season starts today. Lots of great storylines: •How will Kobe come back from torn ACL •Will the Miami Heat 3 peat •How will the Brooklyn Nets look with the additions of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and new head coach Jason Kidd •How will Derrick Rose come back from torn ACL •Dwight Howard now with the Houston Rockets •Doc Rivers now coaching the Los Angeles Clippers And so on I got the Chicago Bulls and Golden State Warriors meeting up in the Finals with Chicago winning it all. What say you?

48 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    As a lifelong Laker fan, it's been interesting to watch people jump on the Clipper bandwagon. They've got a great squad. That being said, I'll watch the Lakers win and lose, no matter what. You have to stay true to your team. It seems that these days, people follow players and not teams.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    How many millions will they spend on strippers?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    if Dwayne Wade can be healthy (i.e. Wade can be Wade); then I like the Heat’s chances. If Wade is spotty at best as last year; then I think the Heat can be in trouble. The Heat barely made it thru last year – they were a last second Ray Allen miracle 3-pointer away from losing to San Antonio and the Pacers gave them hell in the Eastern conference finals.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Ray Allen is Jesus.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    The team that's flying under everyone's radar is the Indiana Pacers. They have played the Heat tough for 2 straight years. Really outplayed Miami last year and should have win. Paul George is an emerging superstar who doesn't get the pub of the east and west coast players. If former All-Star Danny Granger comes back from injuries, look for the Pacers to win the East. Brooklyn is getting all the attention to challenge the Heat, but watch Indiana.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    @tumblingdice- so true man. The strippers love the NBA season. NFL players make it rain on them, but NBA players REALLY make it rain on them. @slick- I've had this argument with a few of my friends. You have good knowledge of it since you're in LA. Is LA a Lakers or Dodgers town? @Papi- Wade is getting older. I think he'll turn 32 this season. His game is starting to decline and he will not stay healthy. @Motor- I agree Indiana will be tough, but I think Chicago would have met Miami in the conference finals last year if Rose was healthy. Speaking of Indiana, what happened to the basketball fan base? I remember back in the days of Reggie Miller it was a great atmosphere. I watched the Pacers Heat series last year and the Indiana crowd was disappointing to say the least.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    It all depends on whether the Bulls/D.Rose and the Heat/D.Wade are healthy and stay healthy. It doubtful D.Rose will every be 100% after his injury. And how many knee taps did it take to nurse D.Wade through just the finals last season?
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    MIA 3peat. Rondo is still underrated. D. Howard is a big shouldered pussy.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    One team that may dethrone the heat in the east is Brooklyn. Other then them and maybe the Pacers, it's all Heat.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The Lakers are undefeated. @Raukam-It's both. The Dodgers have the best mlb attendance of all time. I don't know the Lakers attendance.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Derrick Rose was a little rusty last night, I think he'll play much better throughout the season. I can't believe the Lakers beat the Clippers without Kobe. Clippers= #overrated
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Recap of the season so far: •Derrick Rose tore his meniscus and is out for the season AGAIN, bummer for the Bulls and the NBA •The Indiana Pacers have the best record in the league at 16-1. They're looking like a title contender •The Brooklyn Nets have been a complete bust and might not make the playoffs this year, it's still early though •The Miami Heat are on cruise control at 14-3. LeBron is putting up ridiculous numbers, I think he's averaging like 26 points and shooting 60% from the field. That is unheard of •Kobe will probably be returning on Friday, the Lakers aren't doing terrible without him •My Portland Trail Blazers might be the surprise of the season so far, they are currently 2nd or 3rd in the Western Conference •A lot of emerging young stars like Paul George, Anthony Davis, Bradley Beal etc •The Knicks are a disaster Of course the NBA takes a backseat to the NFL, but it's still good to know what's going on early in the season
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Toronto 6 10 Boston 7 12 Philadelphia 6 12 Brooklyn 5 12 New York 3 13 That's the craziest thing so far this year. :)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    My prediction about the Pacers is holding true
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor, So far. May know a bit more after December 10. If the Heat win up there, that could "say" a lot!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    My Portland Trail Blazers beat the Indiana Pacers last night Motörhead! Paul George is money though, he had 43 points last night. Also I forgot about the Spurs. Every year everyone wants to count them out, but they always end up in contention for a championship. Tim Duncan is still getting it down at age 37, he had 23 points and 21 rebounds last night.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Yep. That was a surprise. 16-2 now I believe.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    You can never count out the Spurs.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Ranukam- did kobe tear his acl too? I thought it was just a blown achilles?
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    don't forget to include Jason Kidd and the "spill"
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I think you're right Camby, it was a blown Achilles and yeah that Jason Kidd spill thing was pretty fucking funny.
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    Fucking PACERS.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Pacers beat the Heat by 6 Meaningless early season game? Or, a what foreshadows the Eastern Conference Final? I think LBJ is going down down down this year.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor, If my memory serves me right, the Pacers won the regular season against Miami last season, but we know they lost in the playoffs.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    My money's on The Globetrotters.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Well, Kobe's out for the season. Let's see what my boys can do without the Mamba.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Boston leading the Atlantic with a LOSING record. LOL Biggest disappointments so far? Golden State and Brooklyn? Biggest surprise? Portland?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Is J Kidd the worst coach in the league or will the Nets turn it around?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Who is Kidd kidding?
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Slick- I believe they said Kobe would be out for 6 weeks unless something changed. Indiana Pacers are definitely a title contender, but George Hill and Lance Stephenson dribble the ball too much and make too many bad decisions. I can't believe Roy Hibbert only averages 13 points a game, with his skill set he should be at least 20 points a game. It looks like Brook Lopez is out for the season, that's a huge loss for Brooklyn, he was pretty much their best player.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    On a related note – Dwayne Wade of the Miami Heat got engaged to actress/former-model gf Gabrielle Union & gave her a custom 8.5 carat engagement ring. Dwayne turns 32 in January & Gabrielle Union is 41 (she looks good – never would have thought she was past 40). Wade already has kids & Gabrielle being a WOC means she probably ages well – I don’t think the age difference will matter much.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "[view link]" I had no idea Ms Union was other side of 40.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I bet no one on this board knows who was the first player in the league to get 3 triple-doubles this season Lance Stephenson of the Pacers. There has a always been a bit of "Good Lance" and "Bad Lance" in him. He has stepped it up this year.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I bet that I've ate more Double-Double's than anyone on this board.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Looks like a horse race in the East between the Heat and Pacers. Out west another story. I sure was incorrect about Brooklyn. :(
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Congrats to DWade, Gabrielle is stunning. I'm not sure how Wade will feel when he's 40 and she's 50. He might be looking to get out of the relationship at that point, that's what I believed happened with Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. I definitely was wrong about Golden State and Chicago meeting up in the finals. No one talks about the Spurs, and what do you know they're near the top of the Western Conference standings once again.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've been a Gabrielle Union fan forever. She does it for me.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    ranukam, I keep think age will catch up with the Spurs, but they keep proving me wrong. I would think that last season's game 6 in the finals would be all the motivation they could need.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Yeah, the Spurs should soon be able to make a smooth transition to the Wheelchair League, geriatric division. What they have done is pretty amazing. Does anybody think they can get thru the season w/o significant injuries?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Looks like after about 1/3 of the season, it will shake out with the East likely having for sure Atlanta, Indiana, and Miami. The West, as I said above, a lot different with Houston, LA Clippers, Oklahoma City, Portland, Phoenix, and San Antonio. All the other teams will fight for the remaining 7 spots. Of course a major injury could certainly have it's effect.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Not a whole lot has changed. The Pacers still have the best record in the league. The Brooklyn Nets are starting to make a little run. I think Kevin Durant is the front runner for MVP the way he's been playing the last month. Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant are currently injured and not playing for their teams right now. Rajon Rondo came back from his torn ACL last week. It's almost All Star break, the All Star starters got announced today, and the reserves will be announced next week. A few surprises with Kevin Love and Stephon Curry being named starters in the West, in the East I was surprised Kyrie Irving was named a starter. Paul George had the dunk of the year last week with the 360 windmill, YouTube that when you get a chance.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Some news and notes around the NBA: The all star reserves were announced last week, no real surprises there besides Lance Stephenson being snubbed. The dunk contest will consist of Paul George, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Terrence Ross, Harrison Barnes and a couple other players I can't remember. This is the first time in a few years that I'm actually excited about the dunk contest. Injuries, injuries, injuries. Chris Paul is still out for the Clippers, but Blake Griffin has been picking up the slack. The Spurs have a lot of key players injured like Kawai Leonard and Manu Ginobli. Russell Westbrook is still out for the Thunder, but Kevin Durant has been playing at a MVP level so the Thunder are still playing well. Kobe is still out for the Lakers, the Lakers are a freaking joke right now. Lance Stephenson hasn't played the last couple of games for the Pacers with a back injury. I'm sure there are more key injuries that I can't think of right now. Gossip: We were all praising Dwayne Wade for getting engaged to Gabrielle Union, but apparently when they were taking a break in their relationship Wade got another woman pregnant. Now Wade has 3 kids (2 from ex wife) and now this one. Apparently Gabrielle is going to stay with Wade despite the revelation. @motorhead- Paul George knocked up a stripper [view link] Perhaps this is why George has been struggling lately. If I was an advisor to athletes and entertainers, I would tell them always use a condom!!! If you don't, you will end up like New York Jets player Antonio Cromartie who has something like 9 kids with 8 different women. At least the stripper George knocked up looks pretty good. Apparently she used to work at Tootsies. I remember seeing Paul George his rookie year making it rain in a Portland club when the Pacers played the Blazers earlier that night. Andrew Bynum signed with the Pacers a couple of weeks ago, picture Andrew Bynum and Roy Hibbert at the same time, that would be devastating for opposing offenses. One more thing: KEVIN DURANT IS THE MVP HANDS DOWN!!! Sorry LeBron.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… We were all praising Dwayne Wade for getting engaged to Gabrielle Union, but apparently when they were taking a break in their relationship Wade got another woman pregnant …” Well – at least he wasn’t “poking” around when he was actively seeing Gabrielle – if a couple is separated; then they are free to see other people and anything can happen when “seeing” other people. On another note – Paul George’s baby mama looks pretty hot – probably one of those Miami Tootsies Cubanas – she won’t be needing to go back to dancing for at least the next 18 years or so.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I wonder how the SC scene in NOLA will be during all-star weekend. I’ve met more than a few black dancers that have told me they travel and hit all-star weekend – maybe they are hoping to get a baller or at least get pregnant by one of them – or maybe they think they will make good $$$ - or just like the party scene.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Lakers won last night. My first full game of the season. When you work graveyard you miss out on most basketball games.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Papi- You're so right about the 18 years thing lol. A lot of these strippers are looking to get pregnant by ballers. I remember last year the all star game was in Houston. I knew a Portland stripper that took a couple of her stripper friends to Houston for all star weekend, I never saw her again. I'm guessing all star weekend in New Orleans will be pretty crazy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion