tuscl

Bible Belt

crazyjoe
Colorado
Why is itbthat when driving thru the bible belt there are so many bilboards for strip xxx shops that say semi parking?. How socalled men of the cloth do you think hide from their wives in those places then get up on sunday and preach how you will be dammed to hell if you go to a strip club?

13 comments

• BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Juicebox69 claimed to be one of these men of clothing
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    In my best Alucrab,"DO YOU know THIS for a FACT".LOL,ROFL,LMFAO,FUCK YOU.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Lok
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    When my Pappy use to whip my nalgas up and down the street, screaming out Leviticus and Revelation, we called that the Bible Belt.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    When I have driven on I-75 on the way to Florida - I'm thinking in eastern Tennessee, there is a huge XXX bookstore that must border church property. There are several huge billboards promising you will burn in hell and be condemned to eternal damnation if you visit the store. Lol.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    When I moved to Atlanta for Southern California back in 1987, I suffered a BIG cultural shock. Things have gotten better since then but there still are too many "Sunday laws", etc. And I still haven't learned to say Y'all. :)
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Yes kong king
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    I have lived in TX, TN and GA in the "Bible Belt" and CA, IL, and NJ supposedly far from Bible thumping territory. My experience has been that the "Bible" states were friendlier and more accepting that the supposedly more liberal north or the left coast. The left leaning, progressive, so called "liberal" states were anything but!

In New Jersey, people want and get a new law for every situation encountered then complain the law doesn't cover enough and demand more controls. In Illinois, the laws don't apply to politicians but everyone else gets slammed. Enforcement is haphazard and seemingly governed by political campaign slogans. And California is something like Lenin and Marx got drunk with Gengis Kahn and Stalin and farted a symphony of rules.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Dallas,you tell me what part of Jersey you were in and I'll tell you how things get done there.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    tumblingdice, I lived between Cranbury and Princeton. Worked on US 1 in South Brunswick (in one of those "business campuses"). And mostly I saw that the only thing that "got done" was more loans by the toll authorities so they could stay in business and pay for the private helos and limos for the authority board members.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    no strip clubs in cincinnati, OH but there are churches every where.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I agree with Dallas. I see lots of strip clubs in South Carolina and no mention of them in church.

I even remember reading an editorial in the local paper that made fun of Sunday alcohol blue laws. It said many Catholics go to church on Saturday but there are no alcohol restrictions for Saturday consumption. What makes Sunday so special? The laws are so archaic, only a fool would think that people who want to drink and know about the law, would not have already stocked up on beer so that they can drink all they want on Sunday. However if they want to go buy more at the grocery store, they have to wait until Monday when most people go back to work.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I haven't protested the Sunday laws a whole lot because I kind of enjoy dancers not asking for drinks in one club after midnight.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion