tuscl

Too many Old Milwalkee's in Milwalkee.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Dane County deputies responding to Silk Exotic Gentlemen's Club got more than they bargained for when responding to a minor hit-and-run crash in the parking lot early Sunday, according to a news release.

Deputies responded to the crash just before 2 a.m. at the club on Highway 14 in the Town of Middleton.

The driver believed to be at fault had attempted to flee the scene before dpeuties arrived but got stuck after attempting to exit the parking lot in an area not designated for traffic. The driver then fled on foot.

Arriving deputies were able to persuade the driver, persuaded Kristian Olson, 24, of Belleville to return to the scene. After failing standardized field sobriety testing, Olson was placed under arrest for a first offense of drunken driving.

During the transport to the Dane County Jail, Olson began intentionally banging his head on the interior squad cage. At the time, Olson was handcuffed and seat-belted into his seat.

The deputy pulled over and summoned additional law enforcement and EMS personnel from Middleton to assist in restraining Olson. Olson was eventually transported by Middleton EMS to the University of Wisconsin Hospital Emergency Room, where he remained combative with law enforcement and medical staff.

After being treated for minor injuries, Olson was booked into the Dane County Jail more than 12 hours after the incident began.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/crash…
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

11 comments

• GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I know exactly where this club is. I use to live right up the street from this place. I've never been inside because I wasn't SCing when I lived Milwaukee, but boy this brings back memories
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I haven't had an Old Milwaukee in a decade at least.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Is it really drunk driving if he never made it out of the parking lot onto a public street?

I tried to look this up. Apparently in some States if you are "in control" of the vehicle, like you're sitting in the driver's seat with the keys in your hand, you can be convicted of drunk driving. In others, California for example, you have to actually move the car.

From what I can tell, the fact that he was trying to drive the car onto a public road while drunk is enough for a conviction. And the fact that it's a publicly accessible lot also counts for something.
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    This isn't in Milwaukee, this is in a suburb of Madison (like 70 miles West of Milwaukee). I have been to this club before, lots of attractive dancers, cheap drinks (relative to other strip clubs), but mileage isn't as good as it should be.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Don't be too hard on GoVikings for his location confusion. There are three "Silk" clubs in WI and the best known one is in Milwaukee.

I have been to the referenced one, and from the looks of the town of Middleton I doubt there is much to do there besides get drunk! Come to think of it, other than protest in Madison there isn't much to do - besides drink - in the whole state of WI.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Dallas, of course there are other things to do in Wisconsin besides drink. You can also eat sausages and cheese.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Bizarrely enough, my grandpa was buried with a can of Old Milwaukee in hand (it was his favorite beer, or at least the one we always drank at his house).

Considering he hit a car with his car in the parking lot, they can definitely bust him for whatever they want to bust him on.

I know in Iowa, at least, you can get arrested for drunk driving even if you are parked in your car at an interstate rest area. I don't think they can if you are in a private parking lot, like a gas station, but I've heard at least two stories like that one.

Don't forget, in Wisconsin, you can cheer on the Green Bay Fudge Packers.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Cheese Heads
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Cheese doodle
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol dandy dan...

In colorado laws are similar to iowa. If you are drunk and trying to sleep it off you need to be in the passenger seat or back seat with the keys put away and out of reach like in the glove compartment
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Do you know what people in Wisconsin call people from Chicago that come up to the lakes in the summer?

FIB

you can figure it out. Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion