tuscl

OT: News stories

crazyjoe
Colorado
I havw noticed that every time a drug bust or some crime has been commited on the East Coast and there is a news article the names, ages and addresses of people arrested are often published in the article. Why is that? Sounds like small town bull shit that the media puts everyone's business out there like that.

9 comments

• crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    God dam sprint. The internet service sucks in my area now. Somethimes things don't post so I do it again. Now there are three here. Sorry
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Why did you name your internet provider?
    Because its news!
  • grand1511
    11 years ago
    It's a pretty common practice everywhere. It prevents confusing the suspect with someone who has the same name.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ grand...I have never in my life seen that in my area
  • thenumber10
    11 years ago
    It's what is revealed in the police reports. Most reports are public and detailed, so the source gives the media all it needs. Only cases involving minors or maybe sexual crimes provide privilege for victims and iirc all arrests are considered public record unless changed at a later date.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Tom Leykis use to announce the names of the so-called rape victims whenever the news would name a rape suspect without naming the accuser. Tom Leykis would also go after priests who sexually abused children.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I don't have a problem with them naming names nut I see a lot of news articles from the east coast that have addresses of the accused. Isnt that dangerous to put that out there. In my area they may name the suspect and the town they are from but no address. In the story posted by big tuna they had at least the street named that suspects live on. That is asking for trouble
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I see names and addresses of dancers and others if they were arrested for a crime and not the victim. I do not see addresses of those arrested in my local paper, just online when it seems to involve someone dealing with the public. Except I do not remember seeing so and so arrested for dealing drugs, here is his address. I do not remember seeing that.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Very true Joe
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion