To Tootsie's Cabaret, Miami FL -- He's yours; RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED

joker44
In the wind
STARGAZING
Former Chief Larry Johnson is now a DJ at Miami strip club Tootsie's Cabaret
October 7
BY LISA GUTIERREZ
The Kansas City Star

Been wondering what Larry Johnson is up to these days? Well, wonder no more. TMZ reports that the former Chiefs running back has been a guest DJ at a Miami area strip club popular with pro athletes. The website reports that Johnson has been seen running the DJ booth at Tootsie's Cabaret several times over the last year. Johnson lives in North Bay Village, Fla., reportedly just a few miles north of the club.

Tootsie's is where Aaron Hernandez hung out the night he is accused of shooting his friend Alex Bradley in the face. That Johnson is a guest DJ there is baffling to those who remember that he hasn't always been the best-behaved club patron – or best-behaved human being, for that matter. Johnson was arrested several times during his nine years in the NFL. A walk down memory lane reminds us that ...

In 2003, he was charged with aggravated assault and misdemeanor battery after allegedly brandishing a gun while arguing with a former girlfriend. He was sent to domestic violence diversion.

In 2008 he got into trouble a couple of times here in Kansas City. In one case, a 26-year-old woman accused him of pushing her in the side of the head at the Grand Emporium, telling her "don't touch me" as he walked through the club. Later that year, in another club altercation, a 24-year-old woman accused him of spitting a drink at her and threatening to kill her boyfriend. He was sentenced in March 2009 to two years of probation after pleading guilty to reduced charges of disturbing the peace.

Last year he was arrested in Las Vegas after allegedly choking an ex-girlfriend at the Bellagio and leaving her unconscious in her underwear in the hallway. He got probation after being found guilty of misdemeanor domestic battery and assault. He avoided a felony charge in a plea deal.

"I'm just happy to have this behind me and go back to Florida and stay out of trouble for once," he said at the time, adding that his focus would be on taking care of his 3-year-old daughter and trying to “keep my nose clean.”

“Given his track record, night clubs may not be his ideal spot anymore,” writes Dan Carson at Bleacher Report.

“With that being said, if there's one place for DJ Jazzy Johnson to be in a gentleman's establishment, it's enclosed in a secure place away from the working professionals.”

4 comments

• Clackport
    11 years ago
    Larry had some good years with the Chiefs, but even in his NFL days there were always stories of him being in the strip clubs, so I'm not really surprised by this.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    NFL player commits serious crimes of assault and battery, brandishing a gun, and choking a woman. His punishment is a slap on the wrist. So why is Aaron Hernandez in jail? He only committed one little murder.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Larry didn't kill anybody. Thankfully
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Football players always get let off easy, whether it's high school, college or the pros.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion