tuscl

re: Location of a New Gentlemen's Club Question

I am curious as to the TUSCL.NET members thoughts on locating a new gentlemen's club within the continental United States:
1) Are there any jurisdictions / markets that you think are underserved? In contrast, are there any markets you feel have become saturated?
2) What current locations / markets provide the most liberal performance rules?
3) Are there places where you thinking zoning and other regulatory issues are not adverserial to gentlemen's clubs?
4) Certain markets like Missouri and Memphis, TN have become much more strict in what is allowed to occur in the clubs. Have you seen than trend occur or believe it is likely to happen in other markets.
5) If you were given a million dollars to build, open and operate a club anywhere within the continental United States, where would you build said club and why did you choose the location?

Thank you for response in advance.

13 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "are there any markets you feel have become saturated?"

Locally - Detroit

Nationally - Houston!? - L.A.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I'd say that the Puget Sound Region is saturated. But, if a high mileage club could open here, it'd probably do well. With no alcohol allowed and fairly strict controls otherwise, I sense that the last two clubs that opened here (2010 and 2011), might be regretting that they did.

I don't think $1 million would be enough to build and operate a new strip club. Maybe you should up it some.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    0/0

unless p4p would become legal in a reasonably sized town (not the boonies of NV) I wouldn't roll the dice on investing in a club in the US

0/0

IMO business at the clubs I've been to recently still seems to be on the decline. not a growth industry right now, may never recover, heavy competition. I'd either invest the $1 mil at 4% and have a nice steady return, or if I really wanted to gamble on a club, I'd try to get ahead of the curve in Toronto.

0/0
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I'm not familiar with national markets as far as strip clubs go but I do believe the upstate of South Carolina is now underachieving big time in having a quality all nude strip club. I believe many guys in the area would love to have a high quality club without high cover charges and the ability to bring your own beer. I personally remember a club not far from Greenville that used to be packed with over a hundred people every Saturday night with Two dancers on a large main stage and a dancer on each of two satellite stages already nude with dancers getting nude on the main stage after the first song. You could sit at the stages, drink your beer from your cooler or use a house cooler for a $5 fee and have a good time and good view. Then 2008 came, business died off and the club management thought offering a bit of everything but no nudity and no byob was going to be a big money maker. I doubt it was. I used to be a regular and never returned after 2 or 3 really really boring visits.

Hopefully the girls would be mostly my type. An all black nude club would not be my type.
    Two for $30 all nude lap dances would be a winner as well in my opinion without trying to sell merchandise like one club did by charging two for $40 but you got a tshirt or something. I could care less for all the junk. Used to be multiple all nude clubs in the upstate of South Carolina and now there are none that I know of. I wouldn't even care that much if it was low contact because I really do like seeing all nude girls while bringing my own beer and not paying a fortune for every drop. I used to go through the dollar bills sitting at the stage but that was fun. It kind of sucks without any nude club in the area.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Of course being South Carolina or possibly many other places, there will be a number of people opposed to any new clubs. I think if it was close to Greenville in a safe area with someone watching the parking lot, who wants to park their car where they don't feel safe?, then I think the club would do well. It could be low key as far as not standing out to everyone in the community but visible when you were there. I think that's a problem some people run into.

All the religious nut cases drive down main highways or certain residential areas and some club owners put their club right in their face and upset others. If it's a good club with some lights and decent roads, guys will find the club. Maybe I'm wrong, years ago I heard some local residents successfully stopped Hooters from locating in my small town because some overly religious folks thought it would be a blight to have girl's working in shorts shorts. Nevermind the fact that there is a local mostly female college with girls walking all around in short shorts. I see more young girls in short shorts at my local Walmart than I ever saw in Hooters.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I'll clarify, if guys feel like they are getting what they want, all nude girls, cheap beer with byob, or bring your own beer, hot dancers, then I believe lots will show up. It's up to the dancers etc if they can up sell lap dances, table dances, etc, etc.

Having an adjoining restaurant where you could grab pizza, a hamburger and fries or even a case of beer and bring it over to the main club without going through an admission process all over again would be a plus. I remember Mickeys in Fauetteville, NC has an open door for an adjoining restaurant if it is still like that.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Fayetteville,
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    If I had a million dollars to invest in a strip club, I'd certainly do a lot of research on regulations that might limit the location and operation of strip clubs. That said, there are several major U.S. cities that seem to have a well deserved reputation for having overpriced and boring strip clubs--- think Chicago, Grand Rapids (MI) and San Diego. If you could find an adjoining municipality that would tolerate a high mileage club and still be accessible to these major population centers, it might have some potential.

I'm also amazed at the absence of strip clubs in some medium-sized cities that house major universities --- think Gainesville, FL (U of Florida) and Tallahassee, FL (Florida State). So much talent in need of tuition support!
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    If I had a million dollars to invest in a strip club, I'd put it in my retirement account instead.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    What GMD said and I'd use it to survey club and write reviews.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I've always wondered about the legalities of opening one on an Indian reservation but I've never had the million dollars.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Vancouver is one sweet city in Canada. It is woefully under-served with SCs.
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    As mentioned before, some of the "underserved" markets may not be so because of lack of entrepreneurship but because of already-existing restrictive regulations and an unwelcoming social climate. This business is NOT anywhere near as close to mainstreamed as the 'net and some media outlets pretend it is.

And people in some college towns may not be able to keep the coeds from walking around scantily dressed, or from blowing the whole front line at frat parties, but like Hell they'll give tacit community approval for them to get naked and dry hump a bunch of PLs for pay in a place of public accommodation. The coeds may need the cash but not only will the actual voting/taxpaying residents of town say no, the coeds' tuition-paying PARENTS will say HELL no.

As far as businesses are concerned I would not risk my million on any sort of bar, restaurant, night club or strip club these days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion