tuscl

"The Lottery”

Loads of animosity on the board with trolls trolling trolls. Amusing as it all is what has become clear with all the bumping of old threads is that the righteous indignation about how the trolls have ruined the board from what it once was is disingenuous shite.

I thought that I would offer a suggestion. Moderation would kill this board so I propose something else. Not so much a solution but a way to ramp up the entertainment value is what I have in mind. As learned as the inhabitants of TUSCL are, I am sure everyone is familiar with the short story “The Lottery”. It involved a town that held an annual lottery to choose one member who would be stoned to death by the rest of the community in order to guarantee something that I'm a bit foggy about.

Perhaps some enterprising TUSCL member with more motivation than I have could figure out a way to poll the membership to nominate 3 individuals who would then face a vote to decide which one is to be stoned by the community. This figurative stoning would probably have to be banishment by Founder but I enjoy blood sports so if someone can figure out a way to actually stone them that would be great.

Voting should probably be limited to members with than a year of membership to try to somewhat limit multiple votes from the wankers with multiple accounts. Sorry Juicebox69 but you don't get 50 votes.

This could be an annual, semiannual or monthly event depending on need or entertainment value.

What do you think?

11 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Hmmm... First three nominated - me, juice, and alucard. After the first event, who would be next to fall?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Remember when the Simpsons did their version of "The Lottery"? Funny Shite!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I think Moderation is NEEDED as well as requiring PAID membership to post in the discussion area. And NO free memberships for POS reviews.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Lol
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    lmao
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I'd only make it past round one if I had Lady Luck on my side.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Dumbass, the vote was random, that was why it was called "the lottery". The winner was chosen to pretty much be jesus and collect all the sins of the town for the past 365 days and die.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    What does pos mean?
  • IanSmith
    11 years ago

@Estafador. Right you are my man. My book report was shite and you’ve quite rightly called me on it. I’ve no excuse. I was always more interested in not getting my arse shot off instead of getting a proper public education. And look at me now. Three wives, one of which wants to kill me (two actually but I’m certain I can best the second one in a knife fight so she doesn’t count), no prospects for employment, a bone-idle layabout spending my days sleeping on the beach and my nights snorting whisky and drinking cocaine in some run down pub followed by the inevitable scrogging of a different piece of crumpet half my age late into the next morning (that last bit about half my age is an exaggeration but if I live another 10 or 12 years and if I were still scrogging the same slags they would then be old enough to be half my age but naturally I will probably be scrogging their younger sisters then). The worst bit is that I am constantly haunted by the fear that I will once again get so pissed that I wake up after another lost week with wife #4 and the only way to make the fear go away is to get pissed. What’s a man to do?

So don’t follow my path. Stay in school, get a job, work hard every day and when your dotage finally arrives you can sit back in your favourite over-stuffed lounger, look back trying to remember the important details of what you read so many years ago and say to yourself “WTF”.

BTW. POS = piece of shit. For some reason I remember that one. I also remember that smoking salmon isn’t as good as smoking heroin. I don’t know why I remember that but it must have been important somewhere along the way.

cheers
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "the vote was random"

But that would take all the fun away

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    Pikey: "So don’t follow my path. Stay in school, get a job, work hard every day "

Don't forgot "don't do drugs".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion