tuscl

Weed

crazyjoe
Colorado
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:44 AM
Denver has decided what tax rate will apply to recreational MJ. 3.5%. It just needs to be approved by voters then it will be for sale to everyone leagally. Come get high in the mile high city boys...

23 comments

• deogol
    11 years ago
    So now there is another expense eh? All these taxes look to me to be pay off money to the government mob to leave ya alone.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    There's still a federal Law against it. That supercedes State Law. Marijuana is still a Schedule I controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act.
  • brad123xyzzz
    11 years ago
    Perfect, tax it and make it available to everyone. Next lets legalize prostitution
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Alufart!You're such a buzz kill.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Why pay when you can grow?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Got 2 acres on a civies land between tomatoes just basking in that sweet summer sun.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    tumblingdice go ahead and smoke. Injure your health and maybe the Feds will catch you & prosecute you & put you in prison.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Alucard! I don't use.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Alucard: A number Constitutional scholars disagree with the absolute nature of that position. With regard to crossing borders yes, but if the weed is produced, sold and consumed within the borders of the state in question, the 9th Amendment should take precedence. Of course, since the Civil War, none of the States have really staked claim to their rights, and the Supremes haven't definitively ruled on the subject. Mostly because when it looks like questionable things might go to the Supreme Court, the Feds have a habit of dropping or amending the case, so they don't take a chance on having a ruling go against them and upsetting the apple cart.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Shove that up your ass Applecard.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    There is no need to smoke cannabis. It can be consumed in edible form. Vaporization is a clean way to consume without the smoke.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    The DEA is just another way for the feds to piss away our money and hire their retarded and sociopathic relatives
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @Alutard: you were behaving okay on here for a while. Just a summer vacation for you from being your usual fuckheaded self and now you are back in full fuckhead mode just in time for Labor Day?
  • Dacandyman
    11 years ago
    This is an area where I. Disagree with Alucard. I think weed is pretty harmless and I enjoy it. But I've actually cut back cause I wasn't smoking at all when I went to see my family. Im trying to smoke a little but not to much. But I prolly isn't that good for u. So I just wanna smoke every once in a while. And I don't smoke or drink and drive cause that isn't good. Ppl should be free to do what they want as long as they don't hurt others like by drinking and driving so i think weed should be legal but it won't be where I live.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Just ask Fire Fighters about the effect of smoke on lungs. Being an OR Nurse I've seen Up close & personal the effect of smoking on Lungs & other body parts. NOT a pretty sight. And you are injuring others with your second hand smoke. And as I said, Marijuana is still a Schedule I controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Use at your own RISK, Legal risk &/or health risk.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    If anybody wants to read about an actual Doctor who had studied cannabis MORE EXTENSIVELY than anybody else then look up UCLA, Dr. Donald Tashkin.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Sorry Alucard, but your "firefighter" example is faulty logic. Firefighters are experts on fighting fires, not doctors or chemists. The inhalation of massive amounts of products of combustion caused by chemicals, wood, electrical mishap, etc. differ from the inhalation of small amounts cannabis smoke. I do agree with you that smoking anything in any form is damaging to the respiratory system. That is why we make the Shake n Bake, Make Em Quake, Space Cakes. Mmmmm good.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Wake and bake every day.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ alucard. Not likely that the feds would come in. They would have been here when at least ten thousand people were lit up in civic center park downtown.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Let this be a lesson to you alucard... in Boulder Colorado it is illegal to smoke cigsrettes in public areas outside. If you are smoking on the bricks outside the Pearl St. Mall you will get a ticket for $100. I have a friend that blew smoke out her car window in a gas station parking space in Boulder and she got a $100 ticket. If you are smoking weed on the Pearl St. Mall the cops will walk on by. Technically week is treated like alcohol. Most places you can not consume an alcoholic beverage in a public area like on a public sidewalk like the Pearl St mall. Weed should only be consumed in private or an estalblishment designated for that purpose. Like drinking alcohol in a bar. Cops obviously don't give a shit about the feds
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I agree completely with slick. Grow it yourself if you don't le the taxes. These taxes will ne used to help.homeless people etc.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Sorry Alucard, but your "firefighter" example is faulty logic" Well you can't dispute what I've seen in the OR. TOO BAD smokers can't see what I've seen smoking do to people's bodies.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I wonder what Willie Nelson's lungs look like on the inside? I hope they cremate Willie then we can snort his ashes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion