tuscl

Best boonies area

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:09 AM
Seems like almost all the good (and bad) clubs that we talk about are in metro areas. I've run into some real gems out in the boonies. Two come to mind: Pleasure Dome in the Poconos near Whitehaven, PA, and Filly Corral Showbar near Smithton, PA, which is in the southwestern corner of the state. Both are great places located in the middle of nowhere. In fact there are several such places in the Poconos. Anyone know of other good clubs in the boonies?

17 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Shotdisc, I've tried a couple of the Middletown-Newburgh clubs but never found a good one. Have they changed or did I just try the wrong ones?
  • LonelyExec
    19 years ago
    Wildside Cabaret (Nude) 307 State Highway 54 Centraly located between Springfield & Bloomington Kenney, Illinois 217-944-2266 Last Info Update: 2/20/2002 Last Review: 4/15/2005 Average Rating: 8.29 out of 10 (7 reviews
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    up until a couple of years ago, it used to be Theodore AL, just outside Mobile. Also, many years ago the Newburgh-Middletown area of NY was pretty good
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I used to really enjoy the drive from DC to Morgantown (unless it was winter of course), it's very pretty. BTW, all the Morgantown clubs are out of town up in the hills and can be hard to find if you don't have good directions. The one I liked best was the one with the hot tubs and it's located southwest of town. Lady Godiva's maybe? I haven't written a review in a while so I can't read them to check. Anyway it's a quirky and different kind of place but I always had fun there. The girls more than made up for the poor management. They (the girls) were always fairly attractive, friendly, and never seemed to care at all about what the rules were supposed to be as long as no one was watching, and they rarely did. It's also quite inexpensive. It's also the only club where I've ever had a dancer try to talk me into a visit to my motel room, for a price of course.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    FONDL, you are correct sir! I've thought of taking the long way back to Pittsburgh some day to try the Morgantown clubs (especially since I have a few fond memories of Morgantown, no I didn't go to school there but I did spend some quality time there in my college years and the immediate aftermath). Typically though I take after my father when traveling and seek to set a landspeed record or receive some sort of award for the most efficient trip.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    AN, I'm guessing that your experience was with clubs in extreme eastern WV near I-81. The ones there that I've experienced were all terrible. The clubs near Morgantown are much better with a lot more contact and more attractive girls.
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    Jake's in Coates, MN (about 30 minutes outside of MPLS/STP) in the middle of no where always got great reviews.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I didn't find the LD's to be all that great in the WV clubs I visited. Some decent grinding and one way contact, but nothing to write TUSCL about.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Am I the only one who has been to any clubs in West Virginia? Some of them are really fun because the girls are so down to earth. You won't usually find any attitudes. Plus they have alcohol, total nudity and high contact LD's under one roof, and are generally pretty cheap, which isn't very common. Shadowcat would love some of them.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    It depends on how you define boonies. You could say Des MOines, Iowa is boonies, but it's actually a city of 200,000. My favorite club is Shotgun Geniez in Hamburg, Iowa, in the rural sw corner of Iowa. There is a number of clubs in rural Iowa I like or at least wouldn't mind going to sometime. I have heard that many stripclubs in South Dakota are essentially extras palaces, but I'd have to actually travel there sometime. The two I've been to there didn't seem like they would be, but I could just be in the wrong place.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    For the geography lesson, JC2003 is correct. Key West is in fact part of the United States. It is Miami that is now part of cuba!
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    Outhouse - Lawrence, KS - next to corn fields and small drive on gravel road from paved. This club may or may not be the best - depending on the patrons. I've seen great review and so so reviews. $15 cover and BYOB.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    JC, I thought the Conch Republic declared their independence a long time ago. I even have their flag hanging in my bar downstairs. AN, just be prepared for some oddities at Partner's Tavern. For one thing, you have to buy private dances in advance from someone other than the girl (the dj maybe?) and then wait for her to get around to you, which can take awhile. You probably won't get to sit and talk to a girl before choosing her for a dance, it's a popular place and like most popular places the best looking girls are often tied up with regulars. And it ain't fancy. But if you can hook up with the right girl the dances are very special, so it's worth wading through the annoying parts. There are two LD areas, one for single dances, another for extended visits. Both are pretty private but the latter is total privacy in individual curtained booths. And it's not downtown, you'll need a car, but it's easy to find, in a strip mall in a nice suburban area east of downtown, which doesn't look like it would host a strip club at all so it's easy to miss. If you go to Filly Corral make sure they're open, they're sometimes closed Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesdays. Check their web site or call ahead. Both places are BYOB as I recall, and both have good 2-way contact and very attractive and friendly girls. Incidently, make sure you get to the right place for Filly Corral - there are a couple of other clubs nearby that are terrible. Don't waste your time at the 24/7 truck stop/strip club/xxx bookstore that's an exit or 2 east of Filly Corral, it's one of the worst places I've ever been. Funny thing though, I had fun that night. Which just goes to show you.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    FONDL, heh heh, I know you were joking, but just in case someone less knowledgable of US geography reads this thread, Key West is in fact part of the United States. ;)
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Although it has never quite measured up to what I think it could be Club 35 in Fredonia, NY has the potential to be a great club. Dances are a little pricey and mileage varries a little too much for consistent satisfaction, but I keep hoping. I'll probably try Partner's Tavern in Erie on my next trip to the area, and have considered stopping by the Filly Corral several times. Reports will follow.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I was talking about clubs in the US. Key West is a foreign country. And one of my favorite clubbing towns. But when half the pools and sunning areas in town are clothing optional, who would expect any less? There's just something about sitting at a bar overlooking the ocean and having a totally naked girl on the stool next to you ... Don't expect to see tan lines in KW clubs.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    In Florida, Key West clubs can be excellent and are not particularly metropolitan.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion