tuscl

A sign posted on the door to the main entrance of Cheaters Gentlemens Club Frida

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:17 AM
Cheaters Gentlemans Club is closed tonight, and a sign is posted on the front door that says, "Closed Until Further Notice, Under Renovations." Around 6 p.m. Friday, several men in cars could be seen circling the empty parking lot, peering at the sign and driving away. Calls to the main office line went unanswered. The Providence police said Thursday that they would seek to have Cheaters' license revoked as a result of its recent hiring of an underaged dancer, as well as a charge of prostitution against another dancer. "PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) – A veteran stripper at the Allens Avenue club where police say a 15-year-old girl worked as a dancer told an undercover police officer that she would perform a sexual act on him for $80 and that another $35 would go to the club's manager. Adamaris Irizarry, 27, was charged with prostitution Thursday afternoon when Providence police raided Cheaters Gentleman's Club after she solicited the undercover officer, according to a police report. Irizarry, who said her stage name is “Jasmine,” told the officer she had worked at the club for about eight years and began rubbing his groin area before inviting him to the backroom where she would perform a sexual act on him, according to the report. H. Charles Tapalian, the president of Cheaters Holding Corp, told [view link] he knew nothing Thursday's incident. “That's totally incorrect,” he said when a reporter read him the police report. Providence police have asked the city's licensing board to close the strip club after officers found a 15-year-old Boston girl working in the club last week. Police say the girl provided the club owners a Delaware state ID car that showed she was 22-years-old as well as an ID from Boston College. She was living with 51-year-old Troy Footman, who was charged with sex trafficking. The incident also led City Council President Michael Solomon to introduce an ordinance that would require all strip clubs to run background checks on employees to make sure they are at least 18-years-old. “Relying only on a driver's licenses or a state-issued photo identification card as proof of age has proven to be problematic in a number of cases at strip clubs, as IDs can be manipulated and falsified,” Solomon said in a statement

7 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Relying only on a driver’s licenses or a state-issued photo identification card as proof of age has proven to be problematic in a number of cases at strip clubs, as IDs can be manipulated and falsified,” Solomon said in a statement Let me guess. The Feds wanna use cases like this to really push RFID and National ID acts. They won't be happy until they turn America into East Berlin. When that happens, will we have Putin telling Obama to tear down this wall?
  • Dacandyman
    11 years ago
    i dont like the government trying to close strip clubs but if this club hired underage dancers and knew or just did not care they should be closed. adults shoul do what they want as long as everybody is ok wit it but clubs and bars should allways be careful for underage
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    No great loss really. The club has been a ridiculous shithole for some time now.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Did you know that the US now has more requirements for government issued ID than does Europe. Welcome to the people's state of US. How can you not tell that the girl was 15. Driver's licenses now are so complicated how can you fake one and not have it look fake with out expensive equipment. My home state has the holographic images that only show up under black light etc. This is going to put a damper on the club scene in Providence for a while.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Here's the best photo I could find of Irizarry: [view link]
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't be able to tell if she was 19,18, or 17 just by her picture. Some people can look ten years younger or older than their actual age.
  • thenumber10
    11 years ago
    I am surprised this place made it this long, they were caught with a 16 year old a few years ago and actually argued, successfully, that it was legal. That place had a such a bad rep I bet it didn't take the cop 5 minutes to find a girl to bust for prostitution.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion