tuscl

Ban Sunglasses

No, sunglasses didn't kill anybody, yet. But this moron named me can't seem to keep his sunglasses safe. I've lost my favorite Von Zippers and Electrics in Vegas at pool parties. I've lost shades while boating. I've left my specs at bars and restaurants. Yes, alcohol is a factor. Sometimes. Other times, it's just me.

23 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Sun glasses are banned at Follies, along with baggy pants, white tee shirts and marijuana.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Precisely why the only nice pairs of sunglasses I've had were gifted to me.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I left my all-time favorite pair of sunglasses in a hotel room. Dammit.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Sun glasses are banned at Follies, along with baggy pants, white tee shirts and marijuana."

White tee shirts??

Mel Sharples is dangerous ?
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Either switch to dollar store sunglasses, or get a librarian chain for making glasses into a necklace.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Motorhead - white t-shirts are typical thug wear in that neighborhood.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Since I wear class all the time, "sunglasses" are built in. Can't lose them because if I'm not wearing them, I KNOW I don't have them.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Late one night I was in a local club that bans sunglasses, and this rather large AA guy came in wearing really dark ones. For whatever reason, the door guy didn't make him take them off, and the customer went and sat down at the stage with them on.

Shortly, the main bouncer, who I happen to know is a former Navy SEAL who was BC discharged, came out and in due time noticed the guy. I was nearby when he came over to the guy and told him, nicely, that he needed to remove the glasses.

The guy argued, claiming they were prescription. Gary gave him a skeptical look and said, "it's after 11, club rules, sorry."

Well, the guy still argued, repeating that they were prescription and that he couldn't see without them, and stood up and started being real threatening.

Gary just kind of rolled up on the balls of his feet, got right up in the guy's face and said "I.Don't.Give.A.Shit. Take them off or get the fuck out of my club."

The guy took them off.

It was almost as entertaining as the dancers.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I lost my Ray Bans in Atlanta :(
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I never realized some clubs banned sunglasses. I remember a couple of clubs had so many bright flashing lights and lights in my eyes I considered bringing my sunglasses into the club. I guess I could always ask if a club gets too bright or lights in the wrong place. As it was, I just stopped visiting those clubs with lights too bright or in my eyes.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    In regards to the bouncer who said take them off or get out, I would have walked out and never returned. At least for several months.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @shark: That club has had a thug problem in the past. Those rules are apparently their way of addressing it.

Dark sunglasses at 11 o'clock at night *seems* pretty stupid to me, but then I'm an overweight, 50 something white guy, not a hulking 20 something black guy.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If it works no problemo.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I've lost several pairs of Ray Bans
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    After dropping $200 sunglasses in the ocean, leaving nearly as expensive sun shades at various locations and managing to break expensive "unbreakable" lenses, I tried a new tactic. Dollar Store.

I buy a half dozen pairs of aviator style UV coated sunglasses for a few bucks and stash then in the glovebox. A broken pair is a small loss. Drop a pair in the water, pull another out - no hassle! Scratched, bent, broken - no big deal. I still lose 'em, leave 'em, drop 'em and brake 'em, but now I don't mind so much.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I lost my sunglasses at night
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    ZZ TOP said it best-Go out and get some cheap sunglasses.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    OK, I am flummoxed. Why no sunglasses?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Clubber-With all the ban everything on the boards, I was just being facetious. I'm always losing sunglasses.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I've lost an expensive pair of Maui Jim's and a pair of Rayban's in stripclubs a couple of years ago. I had each pair less than a month. So I went and bought a pair of $15 piece of shits off the checkout rack at Big 5. I've had them now for about a 18 months. I can't seem to lose them even when I'm trying to. Why the fuck does that happen?
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I got the same problem lopaw...

Slick I like your sense of humor
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @Clubber: If you were addressing my comment, I don't know for sure. Maybe the same reason they ban hoodies, hats and baggy pants? The types of people who actually *care* about those things are the types of people they're trying to keep out, and everybody else doesn't care that they can't wear sunglasses or a hat in the club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion