tuscl

Songs

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Monday, January 2, 2006 5:56 PM
We've been way too serious here for a while and need to try a lighter topic. I am listening to "Tuesday's Gone" on the iTunes right now. It's one of those songs that evokes a specific feeling of a time and place, instant nostalgia. I was thinking that there are a few songs in that catagory that evoke thoughts of a club or dancer. Some good, some bad (one dancer played a song obsessively and consequently ruined it for me). So mine are "American Girl" by Tom Petty, "Glycerine" by Bush, and "Whiskey in the Jar" covered by Metalica. Any thoughts?

20 comments

• Yoda
    18 years ago
    LOl, Casualguy, come to Boston, I can take you to a club filled with Brazilian dancers where they play that song just about once an hour. I hated it at first but listening to it while watching the lady's dance to it changed my opinion. Lopaw: I find the same thing at the club I mentioned above, I'm singing along to all kinds of Brazilian and Spanish music. The lady's obviosly like it because they grew up with it but those rhythms are very sexy to watch a woman move to.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    My biggest complaint about the music is usually the sound volume. Some strip clubs are obviously not regulated by OSHA or they would get fined like crazy for not requiring hearing protection for everyone who works in some clubs and for customers who sit in the clubs at sound decibel levels probably over 110 decibels constant. Note: Somewhere around 85 to 90 decibels is considered Hearing Protection Required mandatory areas in government regulated industry.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Sometimes I flip the remote past a spanish channel and I enjoy the tune with a song either called Gasolina or Yankee Gasolina or something like that. I suppose the girls caught my attention while flipping channels and then I enjoyed the music. That is one song I don't remember hearing in a strip club as least not yet.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    My club has a heavy brazilian flavor, and when I first starting hanging out there, I didn't recognize hardly any songs at all...they were either in spanish or portuguese. Now I find myself actually singing along to some of them. Talk about assimilation!
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    We've gone from AN's question to what kind of music do you like. Amazing that this board has gone so long without a "What's up with that 'music' they play?" thread, which is a regular feature on any other SC board. I don't mind what I hear in clubs too much, because I don't expect to like it. My biggest complaint is that so much of it is overplayed, but that just makes it easier to tune out, so no problem.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Every song mentioned so far except for Lopaw's I swear I hear every time I go to a strip club.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    My favorite music is rock and heavy metal. I enjoy Metallica, AC/DC, Rob Zombie, Megadeth, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zepplin, etc. and the latest popular rock. I remember one time the DJ played "Can't drive 55" just before closing and then announced "if we all drive 90, they can't catch us all!" Of course he was joking. I still like that song.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    One of my former favs danced to "Riders on the Storm". It was one of the best stage shows ever.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I wish strip clubs played more songs with female vocals. It's only natural to me: Watch a girl dance while hearing a girl sing. Instead, you hear even more male singers than on the radio, where they always predominate in the US. I've asked strippers why this is, and they just shrug and say they never thought about it, they just ask the DJ to play music they like. Or that it's what the guys want to hear.
  • easyed14
    19 years ago
    There's one song that always reminds me of my ATF everytime I hear it and brings a smile to my face. She plays it for me whenever I go into the club. That song is "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye. Just thinking about the song makes me want to go into the club! Damn, looks like another short day at the office!
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Music helps create mood, certain songs become signposts that help trigger pleasant memories. If the right song puts both you and the lady dancing for you in a sensual mood that's a good thing. I was seeing a FBSM provider last year who used to play Sade's greatest hits during our sessions. When ever I hear "Smooth Operator" now I think of her.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I probably wouldn't do either were it not for my ATF. They've been her favorite group for years and she got me hooked too, especially on their older stuff. Everytime I hear them I can picture her dancing - yum! Plus I think they're very amusing because to me they're making fun of today's rappers. When you aren't really sure if someone is being serious or not, to me that's comedy at it's best.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    All the songs I posted carry associations for me with a dancer onstage. I see some of you posted about songs you got lapdances to. First of all, I don't associate songs with lapdances because the girl on my lap doesn't pick them. Besides, I tune out what's playing when I'm getting a dance. I prefer a song that blends into the background. Something boring and very ordinary works better for me than a conspicuously good or bad song. Possibly both an exception that proves the rule, and the rule: R. Kelly's "Bump and Grind". FONDL, I wouldn't have figured you to know who the Beastie Boys were, let alone like them.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Don't remember the name of it but the lyrics "If it makes you happy why are you so sad?" by Cheryl Crow are special to me - an old fave with whom I had a falling out used to dance for me to that tune. I'm also fond of the Beastie Boys, my ATF used to dance to them all the time. Also got to love Bob Seger's "Main Street" which is a song about a "long lovely dancer."
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Let's Go! By the cars always reminds me of my very first ATF from about 20 years ago. Back then the girls at my favorite club did 20 minute sets and had to make their own cassettes for the DJ to play-since he had to double as a bar back. More recently "Eyes Wide Open" by Creed and "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gay. The DJ at the club where my last ATF worked used to play those two songs back to back every Saturday afternoon for the club's 2 for 1 dance. If I was at the club, my AYF always saved the 2 for 1 for me...followed by a trip to the VIP room. Lopaw; It sounds like your favorite club could very easily be mine. Viva Brazil!
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    My first fave from 1994: Lords of Acid, "I Sit on Acid" or Nine Inch Nails, "Closer (I want fo fuck you like an animal)". Pretty boring songs from being played to death in strip clubs, but whenever I hear the opening of either, especially, "Darling come here, fuck me up the --", I still think for a second she's about to take the stage. Ex-ATF from 1998-2000: Stardust, "Music Sounds Better With You". I just remember how great she looked on stage with the fan in her hair, swaying the the otherworldly groove of this song with no beginning and no end. Latest fave: Rachel Stevens, "Some Girls". "And the champagne makes it taste so much better better ..." Also, Christina Aguilera, etc., "Lady Marmalade", which I fucking hate, but she loves to imitate Christina's dancing in the video, although I've never seen her dance to the song.
  • tropicalH2O
    19 years ago
    I bought an iPOD for my only child for Christmas. Tonight a friend gave me a video iPOD, I'm looking forward to filling it and learning how to work it. I like dancing to older rock by artists like Led Zep, Rolling Stones, Sheryl Crow, Stevie Ray Vaughn or some r & b. I like a few of the songs from Queen Latifa's album she released last year where she covers Nat King Cole or someone like that. Dancing to the song "Europa" by Santana almost makes me cum on stage so I have to be careful! I like to only hear a song just once during a shift so there are few top forty songs that I like to dance to. I like songs that get the guys going; that bring them back in time to pleasant memories. I watch them from the stage as their eyes get shiney and they smile easily while enjoying the music and hopefully my dancing.
  • lopaw
    19 years ago
    My fave club has lots of Brazilian & latina dancers, so I always think of them when I hear "La Pollera Colora" by Charlie Zaa, "Si Te Vas" by Marc Anthony, and "Hechicera" by Mana. Also "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones & anything by Destiny's Child.
  • Clubber
    19 years ago
    Seems most these days select crap, I mean rap or hip hop. For me, give me old classic rock or recent hard core metal. Really doesn't matter much who or what.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Numb by Linkin Park, Bring Me to Life by Evanescence, Your Love by the Outfield, and Bad Boys by Inner Circle.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion