tuscl

Trip to Hong Kong Club

etsutwigg222
In the VIP getting an Oral Exam
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:26 PM
Planning a trip to good old TJ for some senoritas. Some have posted using only Drivers License to return to USA. True or Fiction?

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I haven’t been to TJ but have read about only needing a DL – I think I recall the reviewer stating it was a lot bigger hassle getting back w/ just the DL. You are probably better off using your passport unless you really don’t want to for w/e reason – I would research it a bit if I were you (aside from TUSCL). You can also try to PM w/e reviewer(s) stated they only used a DL and ask them their experience (or any recent reviewers that have reviewed either HK or Adelitas).
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Hong Kong is not in mexico.....durrrrr....thank Asian
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Fiction (mostly) You need a WHTI travel document. This would be a passport (of course), passport card, enhanced drivers license, and possibly a few others. Only passports can be used for air travel. I don't know how many states issue enhanced licenses -- New York does, I think Michigan does, not sure about others. Easiest to just bring your passport dude. But don't lose it and get stuck in TJ bro!
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    [view link] Driver's license ONLY an option IF it is an "ENHANCED DL" with citizenship info built in. Otherwise: passport, Nexus card, or permanent stay in MEX.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Only the following states are issuing this type of WHTI-compliant document: Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington.
  • Dain
    11 years ago
    You need a passport to get back into the USA, even from Canada now.
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    I crossed back over from Mexico twice earlier this year with only a DL, neither time at TJ. First time no problem at all. Second time the guard was not happy about my lack of passport but did let me return to the USA. Both times were at smaller, less busy ports in AZ at very slow times. Pretty sure I do not want to try that again but really don't want to lose my passport in a Mexican strip joint either.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    They may question you more with a DL, but it still works.
  • KingxGorilla
    11 years ago
    Just get a Passport card, easy and simple to carry around, only 60 bucks, got mine when I went on the EDR run last month
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I came back a couple of weeks ago with just a DL, the guy gave me a hard time but they let me back in. I would agree to get a passport or passport card. I will for my next trip.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    If you really wanna get in and out of Mexico, no problemo, contact your buddy SlickSpic. I got connections.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion