tuscl

Dancer claims I offended her.

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Last week I was in the Coliseum in Detroit and a dancer who usually camps right next to me and hustles me for drinks and meals refused to even say hello. I spoke to her, cordially, and asked her how she was doing. She replied that she would no longer speak to me because of what I said to her the last time I got dances from her. I may have been a few stiff drinks down (Makers Mark and ginger ale)and I don't recall exactly what I said. I do recall being annoyed that everytime I come in the club she comes on to me with the "wanna dance" greeting and bitches me out if I hesitate or say no. I vaguely recall telling her I don't like being treated like her personal ATM machine.

So now this dancer won't speak to me and is acting like a dumped or disrespected girlfriend. In the meantime other dancers have become more friendly and open.

Is it possible I have caused permanent damage to the ability to communicate? Will this damage, if it exists, cause difficulties with other dancers as the word gets around that I was rude? Or is it more likely that because I set her straight, I am now getting extra attention from others who see that this generous customer is available for all?

Advice, insights, criticisms or farts?

20 comments

• mhi
    11 years ago
    She is just trying to make you feel guilty in order to increase her income. This scenario is in the stripper playbook.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    "Baby, baby, please, please, please," is a theme running through a lot of the Motown oldies. I may have tried to dance to them in high school, but I will never ever sing that song.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Dancers are crazy. Who knows what they're thinking? She could have been drunk or high and imagined you disrespected her. I doubt it will cause any difficulties with other dancers. They will be happy to have you as a customer.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Who knows, maybe they confuse you with someone else?

I've had this scenario happen with one of the dancers at my #3 regular club. Supposedly, she said that I don't respect her dancing. I don't know that I ever said that, but this is one of those girls who can get in the bad habit of going to the dressing room the moment she's done on stage, which is something that she needs to reconsider.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Sounds like you may have done yourself a huge favor! I would think about her talking shut in the dressing room and spoiling the well for you with the other dancers, but that doesn't seem to be happening since you're getting extra attention from them now. I would imagine the other dancers have seen this girl pull the same stunt with customers before you.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Well if pther girls ste approaching you snd being friendly, then I dont see her hampering your play in the club. She should realize its a business and unless your dating your not gonna beg her back. Probably just a ploy to get more of your koney by using the guilt trip
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    You are obviously an insensitive, crude, monolithic, moron that should be banned from strip clubs for all time eternal. That, or it's just SS! :)
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    If it was me I wouldn't give a fuck.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    If the angry dancer has been pushy with you, it is likely that she has a reputation in the club for "stealing" customers from other girls. If she is now angry with you, the other girls may think you did something good. Don't forget to collect your reward! ;>
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Next one up. That is all.
  • Vikkiluv2151994
    11 years ago
    Well I'm A stripper lol and we don't have play books. You either get a drunk bitch or the opposite. Some of us actually care and enjoy our job not just the money . Don't get me wrong... Yes I like the $ and would appreciate if u spent a little or tipped me for time but I don't ask u for your money. I like of you feel comfortable enough to tell me what's going on in your life and feel like you can talk to me. I work at the furnace and I go by the stage name "Love" for a reason. If you come in ill show you a great time and we have other dancers like that too:-) every club you go to you'll find at least one if not more just there to get your money but keep an open mind you may just find the right one. Birmingham, al
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    Hang in there, Superdude! Her outrage will fade as her financial sense begins to prevail. She needs you more than you need her. Remember your own line about becoming her personal ATM. (BTW, I used that same line with my FAV the other day.:))
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Can't be everyone's friend.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    She's totally playing you. On to the next one
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Just some ol' textbook SS. Pay it no mind. Of she doesn't realize the error of her ways, charge her to the game and keep on pushing. We ain't lovestruck teenagers living in fantasy land. We're grown ass men(and lady) and should already know that there's always another dancer and another club. One of the greatest clubs in So Cal got shut down. Nothing you can do but roll with the punches and stay positive.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Time to find a different dancer.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    People who do high-pressure sales have a unique psychology. Their egos are very tied up in the idea that they are expert hustlers. If you outright call bullshit on their bullshit, in their mind you are calling them worthless. If you shove a dancer's nose in the transparency of her hustles, it may make you feel better. But she will avoid dancing for you unless she's really desperate for the $$$.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Oooh. Makers Mark and ginger ale! First, you complain about her paying too much attention to you then, you complain because she says she isn't going to pay attention to you. You need to switch to a less stiff drink like Seagram's 7 and Seven-up.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Not complaining, just observing behavior and trying to understand it.
  • KingxGorilla
    11 years ago
    Just Move on to the next dancer, she'll come back to you faster then a roach scurries when the lights turn on...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion