tuscl

OT: NBA Finals Game 7

Clubber
Florida
Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:05 AM
Any thoughts on this one? My take is that SA just has to be emotionally drained after Tuesday night. But as professional athletes, they can respond in many ways, positive or negative. I prefer the latter, but I believe they will come out strong and we'll see another close game. I predict Miami will prevail, and mostly due to the "intangibles".

33 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    I want SA to win. But I think Miami will win. LeBron will step up. The comparisons with Michael Jordan are riiculous - he ain't no MJ - but he is the best player in the NBA and I think he will take over the game.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor, I think the comparisons of any players are rather ridicules and certainly subjective, even comparing stats. That said, I think James has a lot more to offer as an all around player.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Tickets for this game are mind bowing. There is a ticket going for 999,999. Courtsides start at 25,00. I almost bought the 1500 seats but that would have put a giant dent in my sc budget.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Let's remember that San Antonio lost the last game, the Heat didn't win. It's like when you scratch playing billiards. I lost but you didn't beat me. Lebron will never be Jordan. He doesn't have Kobe's work ethic. He's the best playing right now, I'd agree with that. San Antonio with the victory.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    This has something to do with bouncing a ball around indoors, right?
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Road teams very rarely win game 7's, Miami will win
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Shit, if the Red Sox can win a World Series, anything is possible. They were down and came back. Now, The Lakers beating Boston, at The Garden, Game 7, epic.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    anyone know anything about the ref in Game 6 - Joey Crawford. He was suspended back a few years ago for ejecting Tim Duncan out of the game for laughing on the bench and then challenged him to a fight. He was suspended for unprofessional conduct. [view link]
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    good point Samsung
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Most people are assuming that SA will be the more “drained” team emotionally and physically. I can easily see the opposite w/ the Heat being the more “drained” team. The pressure is on the Heat b/c everyone expects them (and LeBron) to win; this expectation has been there since the beginning of the season. And to me; the Heat actually looked more drained than the Spurs at the end of game 6 - LeBron looked like he needed an I.V. after the game while he was doing the press conference. The Heat were under duress almost the entire game 6; knowing that they had to win and being constantly behind most of the game and at the brink of elimination – thus I think Game 6 may have actually taken more out of the Heat (especially LeBron) since they were almost eliminated and had to fight for their lives.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    LeBron has not looked good for most of the Finals IMO – I don’t necessarily see him busting out and having a monster game (he suffers from shrinkage like George Costanza). LeBron is also the only one that can sort of stay in front of and kinda of control Tony Parker – this will probably take a lot out of him and affect his game IMO. The Heat need to contend with 3 different aspects of the SA offense: 1) Duncan inside – Duncan has abused Bosch and beat him down like a red-headed stepson – I see the same happening in game 7 unless Bosch gets help 2) If Tony Parker is healthy – he’ll tear apart the Heat defense. Even LeBron will have a tough time staying in front of Parker if Parker is 100% 3) SA has two deadly 3-point shooters – Green and Neal – Green has the 3-point Finals record – but Neal himself is shooting over 50% from 3 The Heat are going to have to control all 3 aspects of the SA offense. Plus they need to have their offense in gear at the same time (the Heat’s on and off shooting has been the biggest issue for them IMO) – and Wade is playing as if he was an 80 y/o man. I’m pulling for the Heat of course (tough love :)) - but although I admire their effort – I’ve been very disappointed in their execution. I think the Heat can win – but SA has been the more stable team and I anticipate them playing better than the Heat. SA will be pissed they lost Game 6 – the Heat are probably relieved they won.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I want SA to win. (can't stand MIA.) I expect MIA to win because league management wants MIA to win because of the revenue and MIA will get the calls at home in Game 7. Comparing on the court accomplishments between MJ and LBJ is pointless since: 1)LBJ resume is incomplete. Until LBJ has at least 6 rings, I don't want to here shit about LBJ being in the same paragraph as MJ. and 2)they're not playing against the same opponents. LJ isn't playing again the bad boys of Detroit who played physical defense back then (can't now because of rule changes to up scoring). LBJ hasn't deny Magic, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Patric Ewing (East semies), and Stocton-Malone twice! How many hall-of-famers has LBJ beat in the playoff or finals? We don't know. And IMO, the on court accomplishments aren't what truly separates MJ from the pack. LBJ doesn't get a pass on "the decision." Kobe doesn't get a pass on what every happen in that Colorado hotel room. MJ ain't perfect or a saint. But I'd take MJ as a neighbor then these other wannabees. And, MJ was lucky enough to be at the height of his game just as the NBA was going global. That's unfortunate for the greats who came before MJ who didn't have the same level of exposure. That's unfortunate for anyone who comes after to have to live up to the precedent. That just how live goes.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    And who's brand is bigger? MJ's jumpman or ??
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I agree with mjx01. Lebron ain't Jordan. I'm a born and raised Laker fan and even I had a Jordan poster on my wall as a kid. I only use Lebron posters for toilet paper. Btw-Birdman would've been Killed by Shaq if he even tried to play tough.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Great final couple of minutes
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I still want Spurs to win, but LeBron has had a huge game just as I predicted
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The better team won. They wanted it more in those most important of minutes.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    I dont think they wanted it more..they just made the plays down the stretch. Either way...one of the best finals ever IMO
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Exciting Finals, most definetely.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    As cambyman said, one of the best. I think LBJ has answered ALL the critics, but they will never be silent.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    LBJ puts Akron on the map
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    Great series. I think Miami was a slightly better team, but SA gave them the series in the last 30 seconds of game 6. LBJ was by far the best player on the court. I am not a huge fan of his, but for the most part he carries himself well. Much better role model than a lot of the other jerks in the NBA and NFL.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Its Shane Battier. I love that guy. Had a shitty playoffs all throughout. He shot poorly, and was inaffective. So much so that he waa benched for an extended time. But, when it mattered he came through so frikin huge last night. He had 18 points and all kinds of small plays that made a difference, including bothering timmy Duncan just enough on his last shot to force a harder shot and a miss. Then he dinished it off with the best quote of the playoffs. "Its better to be timely than good"- Shane Battier, after Doris Burke asked him how he felt after having a terrible playoffs and then coming up huge in game 7.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Good points by everybody, great great series.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I really enjoy reading and hearing all that the sour grape crowd spew!
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    @cambyman I don't think it was one of the best NBA Finals ever. It just SEEMS that way because it went to 7 games and game 6 and 7 were very good. I think people forget that 3 or 4 of the games in this series were BLOWOUTS. It was very exciting though, no denying that. @ snowtime You're SO right. LeBron is a great face for the NBA. There's really not that much to dislike about the guy. He doesn't have off the court issues and he comes across a decent guy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes that.
  • mhi
    11 years ago
    Miami disrupted San Antonio's offense, clogged passing lanes, and prevented the Spurs from establishing a low-post presence.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Miami had various contributors; Battier & LeBron definitely. But IMO the key was Wade. When he is able to play Wade-ish, the Heat are almost unbeatable IMO; especially in a 7 game series. Wade had 23 points; shot over 50%; had 10 rebounds; a steal; and 2 blocks; and the dude is on bad knees and is listed at only 6”4 (which means he is probably more like 6”3). Prior to last season when Wade’s knee issues began; he had been a career 25 points/game player. If he gets healthy; I think he def has the skills to be a 25 point/game guy; and the Heat would probably be almost unbeatable IMO – I mean, look at what he did on bad knees. I also think the Heat should trade Bosch. He has had *some* good plays; but I def don’t think he is playing at the level of someone with a $120 million contract. The dude is listed at 6”11 and often got dominated by a 37 y/o Duncan – Duncan slammed in Bosch’s face several time and Bosch never did the same think back. Bosch plays like a 2 guard instead of a 6”11 power-forward. All he does is shoot pussy ass shots from the perimeter and misses often unless he is wide open. The dude is 6”11 and can’t play above the rim (he can’t jump) – not worth the $120 million at all IMO – I actually prefer Birdman’s energy and aggressiveness to Bosch’s pussyness.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Great point by Slick... During the 90's MJ not only filled seats in Chicago, he filled seats for road games too. I remember how teams like Philly, Milwaukee, etc. only sell outs were for the 2-3 game the Bulls came to town. Can you say that about LBJ? I can't say for sure since I don't follow the NBA like I used to, but I do not get that kind of impression.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Two words... Sour grapes!
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Was pulling for the Spurs cause of Danny Green (good kid both times I was around him) and still don't like how Lebron left Cleveland, but no denying a good series. By virtue of talent + timing no one is equal to Jordan. Lebron might be the player of the decade but before him there was Kobe and in a few years they'll be someone else.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Let's reverse this LBJ topic. What does he NOT do well? Perhaps PR? :)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Interesting. Many slam him for not doing things as well as others, but have no response to what he doesn't do well. Sort of makes me think they do grasp that he is the best basketball player.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion