tuscl

Contest???

Receintly I've seen several posts lamenting the poor quality of the topics here of late. Silly, frivolous, redundant, inane, and just plain ole stupid are some of the comments I've seen bandied about.

So if y'all are interested I'll pony up $50 via Pay-Pal for the most interesting topic posted in a 24hr period soon to be determined.

I would propose the following rules:

1) The winner would be determined by popular vote through another topic thread created expressly for that purpose.
2) Each member would be entitled to 1 vote and the topic with the most individual votes would be considered the winning topic.
3) In the event of a tie a revote with only the topics that are tied in contention will be taken.
4) If a revote does not resolve the tie then I "MojoDojo" will decide the winner and award the money at my sole descretion.
5) In order to be considered for voting a topic must be created within the 24 hour window of opportunity (TBD)
6) No extensions or changes to the window of opportnity will be considered.
7) Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is the time zone of record for the window of opportunity.
8) A topic must garner at least 5 unique posts within the window of opportunity inorder to be considered.
9) A unique post is a post made by any TUSCL member except the original poster that is unique from all other posts to that topic (i.e. 5 "hell yes" posts are not unique).
10) Each of the 5 unique posts must be made by a unique member (i.e. 5 different posts all by @shadowcat are not unique).
11) The proceeds will paid to the winner exclusively through PayPal and absolutely no other means of payment will be considered. The inability or refusal of the author of the winning post to transact the transfer of funds via PayPal will forfeit all rights to the promised winnings (i.e. $50) but will retain the bragging rights to having created the "Most Interesting Topic"
12) Proceeds not awarded to the winner will not be awarded to anyother member for any reason.
13) I, MojoDojo am inelliegeable for this contest to include any and all alternate member ID's created by me on this site.
14) If you don't agree with the outcome of the voting or anything else associated with this contest the laws of the district of "Go Fuck Yourself" shall prevail.

I ain't no lawyer (as you can tell) so if I am missing anything that should be added to the above please speak up.

Also if this is a completely "dumb shit" idea let me know. I know that $50 ain't much cash considering our hobby but what the fuck it's better than a sharp stick in the eye and I don't see any of y'all motherfuckers ponying up something tangible to promote the reinvigoration of this site. Nuff said?

Anyway it's an idea...

What do you think?

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ I guess Dougster had no idea
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    I think it's his version of the "silent treatment"

LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ I’ve never known Dougster to be silent :)
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    Mega silent treatment from the juice...
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Oh – I thought it was one of his typical typos
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Velllly interesting!!!
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    Nope don't think so. I think this idea's a lead balloon with my lame ass name on it.

Note to self: do not post when stoned out of my gourd. Nothing good will come of it.

End transmission...8-\
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    I hope nobody new gets on here looking for SC information.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Sounds like I am excluded. :)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Nobody will win as long as the usual A.H.s are making the posts.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I was referring to you and your fellow creatures txtittyfag.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion