tuscl

Whiskey

Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:58 AM
What's your favorite style of whiskey-Bourbon, Canadian, Irish, Scotch or Tennessee? I prefer Bourbon followed by Irish. Farmerart, any Canadian recommendations?

27 comments

• MondoGoGo
    11 years ago
    Ugh!!! Firewater bad! Make man do crazy things like hump ugly squaw like coyote in heat. No good come from drinking firewater. Ugh!!!
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    First off, in English the word is spelled whisky, English being one of the two languages of Canada. The dirty little secret of Canadian whisky is that it is mostly corn liquor with only a small portion of liquor distilled from rye. Personally, I find almost all Canadian 'Rye' to be undrinkable swill - Canadian Club, Crown Royal, Seagram's 7, etc. Weiser and Gibson have aged blends that are passable (only if someone gives you a bottle not if you have to buy the bottle). There is one outstanding exception to these corn liquor abominations that are passed off as rye whiskys. That exception is Alberta Distillers. All products from Alberta Distillers are 100% rye whisky. If you can find it, Alberta Distillers Special Reserve 30 is most drinkable. It was released just before Christmas, 2011. I bought a case @ $55/bottle, a very reasonable price for a premium whisky. Unhappily it is no longer available in my area of Canada. The 25 year might still be available but it is not as smooth and mellow as the 30 year. Alberta Distillers is owned by Jim Beam so you might be able to find the stuff in USA. My personal preference in whisky is a single malt. In my opinion, malt barley is the best grain for making a whisky and the Scots (particularly along the River Spey) have the fermentation, distillation, and aging process down perfectly. Umm......how do you tell that whisky is one of my great interests?
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Tennessee like a gentleman
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    My friend, Jack, from Tennessee.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I didn't know that anybody still drank Whiskey. All I ever hear in the clubs is tequila.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I DON'T consume alcohol! It is NOT needed by me to relax & have fun. Nor is it needed for FALSE intoxicated courage.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Farmerart-I appreciate your words of wisdom. I wasn't sure which spelling to use. I really enjoy the Pappy Van Winkle from Buffalo Trace. I have family members whose job hq are based out of Lexington, KY so I've been able to try different Bourbons. The tour at Woodford Reserve is my favorite tour, so far.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Jack rocks.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Alucard, you do realize we don't NEED sex, alcohol or blunts. We WANT them!
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I drink vodka, used to drink Crown Royal.
  • EarlTee
    11 years ago
    1. Irish whiskey 2. Scotch whisky I do NOT drink others. Only THESE are enjoyed by me. If your preferences differ, I DISAPPROVE and consider myself SUPERIOR.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Sick liver can probably talk for hours on this subject.
  • endlesstempo
    11 years ago
    I prefer scotch, though I don't mind Jack or Johnnie Walker.
  • scatterbrain
    11 years ago
    Kentucky bourbons...can't get enough of them. Some of the more memorable are Four Roses, Pappy Van Winkle, and Woodford Reserve. These are probably the only ones I'd order for bottle service. If the ladies can't keep up, they might not be worth the time.
  • Dougsterr
    11 years ago
    I like anything girlie with lots of fruit and barely any alcohol at all. And it must of course have an umbrella and in a fancy glass. I know that all of that will impress my mom who is the love of my life!
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    During a reception at Calumet Farms after a business seminar in Lexington, KY, I asked the bartender for Jack Daniels and ginger ale. He refused to serve me. As we were the only two Black people in the room, I told him that it was ironic that he would do this to me. He laughed and said it had nothing to do with race, but location. "You have ordered a Tennesse whiskey. We are in Kentucky." I then ordered Maker's Mark and ginger ale. He said, "It will be a pleasure to serve you." Both are my faves.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I guess all my years of guzzling Mountain Dew and eating Taco Bell at the drive-thru have caused me to develop an immature, unsophisticated palate. I rarely drink hard liquor, but when I do, I actually like Canadian swill - Canadian Mist being my favorite. And I find JD absolutely disgusting.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Motor, your refinement, good manners and fine taste in all other areas, including women, excuses your low life taste in liquor.
  • TortillaChip
    11 years ago
    If you don't drink, as per the OP's question your opinion was specifically not asked for. So once again Alucard provides overwhelming evidence of what a sad pathetic piece of shit loser he is. I'll wait for the pm now.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    When I was young and stupid, as opposed to being old and stupid now, I was a fan of JD and other such swill. Oddly enough, it was in the Marine Corps that I acquired a taste for good single malt Scotch and Irish Whisky. JW Green ain't bad either.. Since moving to Kentucky, certain bourbons have gained my favor as well. Four Roses is among the best.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    Tennessee!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "you do realize we don't NEED sex, alcohol or blunts. We WANT them!" IMO - same thing. LOL
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Right out of highschool I worked at Lairds applejack in Scobeyville during the night shift.Had a 300 lb black lady smuggling a case a night between her legs,LMAO. NJSP did'nt think it was to funny.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Bourbon, but I'll drink any style of whisky if it's good.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I'm a rum or tequila kinda girl. Most of my friends drink Jack exclusively, but it's too harsh for me.
  • emmett
    11 years ago
    Scotch whisky, preferably something smoky and peaty, from Islay.
  • WOODDR2
    11 years ago
    Makers
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion