tuscl

More Food Talk

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Sorry farmerart...

I'm shocked - shocked I say - with the number of people claiming they don't eat fast food. Y'all being truthful? Just trying to impress the board. Are me and Juice the only guys n here that freely admit we eat a Burrito Supreme and Quarter Pounder with Cheese on a weekly basis?

Here's my take on it. I live in the Midwest Rust Belt. Juice is from the South. I dion't think it's any coincidence that those two areas have the highest obesity rates in the country. No, not proud of it. But you drive by any McDonalds in my neck 'o the woods and you'll find a line of cars backed up all the way to street.

Maybe in Cali, or Colorado, or Washington & Oregon, or even Boston, y'all do avoid fast food, and eat tofu or avocado sandwiches or grilled fish tacos, I dunno - but it just don't seem right. Or maybe i just need to get out more.

5 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    In Cali, we eat King Taco with overweight Mexicans. Lots of overweight Mexicans.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I agree mo head and I eat fast food about 4 times out of a 7 day week on my best and 6 out of 7 on my worst......and were i live all the fast food chains keep lines raped around the buildings.....I've wondered myself about this board being not lick us bro....it stricks me funny to
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Oh, motorhead, I have been known to have a fast food burger from time to time. In Canada if I need calories I will stop at A&W for one of their newer style burgers - the Grandma Burger or the Uncle Sirloin Burger and, as everyone knows, A&W onion rings are unsurpassed.

I like the trend to food trucks in large cities. There are some real winners in Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary. When I am in my Calgary office I always go to a food court for a quick lunch - Thai noodles, Indian basmati rice, Vietnamese banh mi subs, savoury French crepes, Japanese tempura - quick, tasty, cheap.

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I always thought that folks in the Midwest and the south ate home cooking? Being of multiple Latin extractions, I eat home cooked meals most days out of the week. I cook for myself, I visit my mama, my sisters, my Nona Maria, yadayadayada. Currently I work in Monterey Park, aka Little Taipei, home of the best Chinese food in America. San Francisco and New York are good for American-Chinese but for authentic and sometimes scary Chinese, MP is the place. East LA is right around the corner and has Mexican food for cheap. Always remember, that with Mexican food, the more rundown the hood or establishment, the better. Not always, but usually so. 17 years working for a gas company, working all over Cali, and repairing ranges has taught me that.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I stopped eating fast food about 4 years ago. Before then I ate chili dogs, burgers, KFC, and similar fast foods almost every day. But I ballooned up to 160 pounds and I had to do something. I taught myself to cook and now I eat much better food for a lower price.

OK, I sometimes stop for a Tubby's submarine. I'm only human.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion