tuscl

Rice

Monday, May 6, 2013 11:08 AM
Since food seems to be a hot topic, what about rice? Every culture seems to have their own take on it, many with beans. I'm conflicted here since one of my Grammas made some amazing Risotto(she's a South American Italian) while my other Granma (Black Mexican-they're out there in Mexico) made great Mexican rice. My aunt makes amazing Paella but I figure that's along the lines of a Gumbo, mixed rice-type dish.

9 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I was invited to a party many years ago thrown by some Thai students. The main course was Cow Pot,the Thai version of fried rice. It was extremely spicy/hot.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Sounds good to me but then again, I'm genetically pre-disposed to enjoying spicy foods.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I've had some really good Mexican style rice, but too often it's bland. I think the restaurants that have an American clientele might lighten up on the spices to try and please everyone. But just ends up being boring. I've tried to make it on my own but it really sucked.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Since food seems to be a hot topic" I disagree. These threads are being started IMO due to boredom or a need to start a thread about any subject - useful or useless.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I know a hot girl named rice. I eat that all day
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Hahahahaha! Soy sauce or hot sauce?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    crazyjoe - was her first name Condoleezza?
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    No her first name was chelsea
  • MondoGoGo
    11 years ago
    My culture didn't have proper rice but we contributed the potato and maize and the tomato and beans and peppers and squash and avocados and peanuts and turkey and chocolate and pecans and the sweet potato and other stuff to tables of the world. (BTW wild rice isn't directly related to the Asian rice which is generally what most people think of when they think "rice") I'll chow on a venison steak and a side of steamed wild rice though if given a choice in the matter.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion