tuscl

Sometimes flattery doesn't work.

Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:33 PM
Dancer. I think you are attractive. me. thanks dancer. blah blah, blah I can't remember the details dancer. You want a dance? me, no thanks. I never thought she was that attractive.

21 comments

• sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I hate it when a dancer asks for a tip for after I reject her. later on during the night one did. I thought maybe she was hard up for money so I gave her a dollar. Considering a dollar is probably only worth what 40 cents was worth before Obama took office, it's just pocket change now.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Imagine the state of the economy if Dubya had 4 MORE years after 2008.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If Bush had stayed president the money would probably be worth more, just a lot less of it would have been around because banks would have failed and been shut down and millions more would have lost jobs.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Imagine how great everyone's lives would be if Clinton was still in office.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Of course right now it appears we are avoiding a collapse of our currency by the Fed buying over 80 billion worth of bonds every month. At this rate, the dollar will be only worth a tenth of what it used to be in a few years. On the bright side, other countries will be looking to outsource to the US because we will replace other third rate countries as the cheapest place to make things. I believe I read in only 3 years it will be cheaper to make things in the US rather than China.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I blame both democrats and republicans for all the spending and loosening of bank standards for home loans for all the trouble they created. Our only hope is that the economy grows fast enough to mitigate the inflation damage if such a thing is possible. I hope I don't wake up one day and discover every dollar is now only worth 1/100 of a euro.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I think this thread set a record for getting OT the quickest ever
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Clinton helped set up the poor economic situation we're in now. As much as I dislike Obama I don't think he's had much of a chance to hurt or improve the underlying trends of our economy. His damage will come down the road.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I agree with motor...how do we go from flattery to a political debate? Lol
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    If only Grover Cleveland were still in office. The dollar would be worth so much no one could afford to own one.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    They say that "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". Do you suppose that is why there are so many users with nicknames that imitate others?
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Its pretty much the opposite of flattery based on what they've been posting, shadowcat.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Sharkhunter: "At this rate, the dollar will be only worth a tenth of what it used to be in a few years." Shark, inflation has been very low for years and is not currently a problem. This is to be expected in a recession. What we need is FASTER economic growth and more jobs.
  • TortillaChip
    11 years ago
    Anybody seen that commercial on Tv, insurance or something..this girl is telling a guy anything you read on the Internet must be true! Then the beastly looking man comes up to take her on a date but she says he's a French model, they met on the Internet. This thread made me think of that. Come to think of it, most of Sharkhunter's political posts do.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    The thing I object to is term limits. Tom Jefferson gave us ice cream and Mac n cheese. Damn, if he was still in office, what other culinary classics might we have.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Wouldn't it be awesome if *I* were President? For life? Prostitutuon would be legal. The IRS would be disbanded. The borders would be open. People would be allowed to fail when they did stupid shit like not save for retirement or keep themselves healthy. Religion would be in church where it belongs. It would be the awesomest 10 minutes in US history. Until I was assassinated by some asshole who can't keep his nose out of other people's lives.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Shark, Do you not know or did you forget that during the Bush administration, they tired to correct the problem. I recall the infamous Barney Frank ([view link] there is no problem. How wrong could he and the other dems have been?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Clinton helped set up the poor economic situation we're in now" By BALANCING the U.S. Budget??? And Dubya's 8 yrs had NOTHING to do with it? You are UNREAL.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    GMD, you got my vote.
  • michael_oxbig
    11 years ago
    End the war on drugs and you'll have my vote too.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    [view link] reveals the true rate of inflation in 2012 was about 12% using numbers like the way our government used to record inflation. Gasoline didn't get cheaper since Obama has been president. Gold and silver cost a lot more now than 8 years ago. Inflation has devalued our currency and robbed any American who has been saving with a low interest rate. If someone can't understand that, nothing will help them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion