tuscl

Best and Worst State Capitols for SCs

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
I nominate for Best, Indianapolis, with an honorable mention for Lansing, because it has a good club about 2 or 3 blocks up the main street from the capitol building, practically in the shadow of the dome. Those and Columbia, SC are the only capitols I've SCed in.

For Worst, I've heard that Madison has only one very lame club in a city of about a quarter million.

23 comments

• chandler
    19 years ago
    Strip club related, non-troll and non-troll feeding thread, so BUMP!
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    Magicrat-

I stand corrected. Thank you.

And I agree with you. Raleigh is worse than Charlotte.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I meant to use the word "pedant" ironically. Now I'm not so sure.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    AN, sorry to have to bring this up and I recognize that you work in DC where this crap is standard procedure, but a major pet peeve of mine is when people fail to recognize that "-man" is a suffix based on the word "human" and does not denote gender. The use of nonexistent words such as "anchorperson" is nothing but pandering to political correctness. I refuse to botch the English language simply because some feminist thinks I should.

And Yoda, I agree that Boston sucks as a strip-club town. I thought we had established that already. I also noted your use of "badly" to modify "sucks" and I must admit that gives me pause. I'm wondering if "sucks" in that context may not be mimicking the verb "to be" in which case "bad" would be correct, as in "I feel bad." Not sure on that one - anybody know?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I was using the word ironically, not like the reporters do. Nothing sounds quite so stupid as "madam chairperson" or the other drivel that goes out passing for english nowdays.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Boston sucks pretty badly.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    FONDL, YES, a real pet peeve of mine is when reporters can't write and anchorpersons can't speak. If you write or speak for a living others should not be able to spot flaws in your grammar.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    An, two other word pairs that are also commonly misused that are on my list: whose/who's (although I admit that when I'm typing quickly I've done that one myself), and my current favorites because you hear them misused so often by people who should know better: less/fewer. It seems to be the style today to say "less" when when one means "fewer," as in, "There were less people killed in battle today." That's like fingernails running down a chalkboard to me. Or the other common habit of using an adjective in place of an adverb, as in "He walks slow." Sorry but I had a really strict English teacher in high school and old habits die slowly. I don't mind when rock stars or athletes are illiterate but I expect more from TV and newspaper commentators.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, You can pontificate prolifically on our pedantry. Still pusillanimous pederasts prowl so their parole must be public. Personally I am more concerned that primitive phillistines plot to our peril. Meanwhile prolific pundits pronounce we must surely perish and politicians prattle.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Me and spelling don't get along, although I do have a few pet peeves with the misuse of principle/principal, it's/its, their/there, etc. Capitol wasn't on my list but it is now. So is poll/pole. I used to have all the state capitals memorized just as a bit of useless trivia for fun. I know a guy that has all the vice presidents memorized. I have no idea where I'm going with this thread, but I want fuel and food waiting for me when I land in Tunisia.
  • messaround
    19 years ago
    I noticed the o and a thing - thought some state capitols might have scs in a wing or maybe the basement?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I repeated it too, but it didn't look right to me so I finally got up off my lazy butt and looked it up to be sure. But it made me wonder how many strippers have actually worked in a capitol? Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase "revise and extend."
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Good catch, FONDL. I can't claim it was a typo, because I repeated it. And I thought I was a bigger pedant than Chitown or AN. Until now, you pedant.

Does pedantry require you to register as a sex offender?
  • luckyone
    19 years ago
    Topeka, KS is pretty good. Had a lot of good times there through the years. Lots of clubs and some pretty good looking friendly ladies.

• messaround
    19 years ago
    You guys really know your state capitols?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Actually we don't or we'd be spelling it with an "a" instead of an "o." The city is a capital whereas capitol refers to a building. I've been waiting for Chitown or AN to point that out. Probably too trivial for them, given the many misspellings including my own that regularly appear here.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Much as I hate to say it, maybe we need to add Trenton to the best list. The top rated club in the US is only 15 minutes away, and within a half hour drive there are several really good clubs and a whole bunch of not-so-good ones. And I'd definately consider Albany for my worst list.
  • magicrat
    19 years ago
    Shot Disc,
    The capital of NC is Raleigh, not Charlotte. As bad as Charlotte is, Raleigh is far, far worse. Columbia, SC gets my vote for the best.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    Best-Columbia, Nashville

Worst- Albany, Richmond, Atlanta, Charlotte, Tallahassee
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    I'll 2nd nomination for Indy. Honorable mention AustinTX, PhoenixAZ. For worst: BoiseID-- at the time, had ZERO stripclubs, there are several other states w. small towns as state capitols that don't have sc's.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    Harrisburg PA totally blows.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I agree with T-bone that Harrisburg is the worst. There are 2 clubs in town, side by side, and they're both terrible. BTW, I don't think towns that have no clubs should qualify here - that's not being awful, that's just nonexistent. Plus the Harrisburg clubs are worse than none at all.

I haven't been to that many state capitols but for the ones that I have visited I'll also vote for Indianapolis. I was in DesMoines fairly recently but was with a bunch of other people and didn't have a chance to visit any clubs. Same with Topeka.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I'm sure Indy is good, but considering I only went to Brad's once, I can't in total honesty say Indy is the top state capital for SC's.

I've said it before and I say it all the time, but the only reason to ever go to Des Moines, Iowa is the strip clubs. Matter of fact, it might be the only reason to ever go to Topeka, Kansas as well, but theirs aren't as good. As for the state capital of my home state of Nebraska, Lincoln, Unless you want to go to Shakers just NE of Lincoln, they suck. I can't answer for any other places
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion