tuscl

Jukebox ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
I can see how a jukebox would be preferable to an annoying DJ, or even any DJ LOL!!!

But it must be annoying to have to continuously put $$$ into the jukebox in order to have music playing in the club – or even more annoying having dancers asking *you* for $$$ to put in the box. If a club is not going to have a DJ, why not just have free music playing all the time which would result in the dancers and customers having a better time w/o having to constantly fork over $$$ for the stupid jukebox.

Do any of you visit SCs with Jukeboxes? Have an opinion on them either way?

20 comments

• Dougster
    12 years ago
    Juicebox?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Does Juicebox also need $$$ to operate :)
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    All the dives have them.

I suppose it's a money maker for the club which is why they have them, pretty sure they get a really good cut out of whatever money we have to put in.

I don't prefer them over a DJ, no way.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    It's been a couple of years since I've been to the Hip Hugger in Kokomo, Ind, but they have a jukebox.

Yes - it's very annoying to continually have dancers ask you money to feed the jukebox.

Since the dancers pick the songs - sometimes you will hear the same song 3, 4, 5 times over the course of a night. That can be irritating.

No DJ means you never learn the names of the dancers. I miss that.

A jukebox is an absolute cash cow for the owner. Do the math - the club is open 11am to 2am six days per week. At $3 per song and a minimum of 15 songs per hour - that's a heap of dough for a week. At least $4000

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Last time I saw one was at the Palace in the Pines in Lowellville, Ohio. I was there with canny for a couple of hours last summer. I don't remember getting pestered for money for the jukebox. It was pleasant to not have to listen to an obnoxious DJ But I really cant see how a large club with a great number of dancers working, could get along with out a DJ just to keep the dancers in line.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    $3 per song – WT**********?

I can only recall being in one a couple of years back – but didn’t think it would be that expensive.

The reason for my thread is that I had been reading some Mons Venus reviews and it seems they have a jukebox and no DJ? Kind of surprised a well-known club like Mons has the jukebox hustle – but then again the owner is no dummy.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Music isn't free in a commercial establishment, it's considered playing a public performance. One needs a license from one (or all) of American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), and Society of European Stage Authors and Composers (SESAC).

Getting a jukebox is one way of acquiring all those licenses conveniently.

As others have pointed out, there are benefits to cash flow with a jukebox.
  • Chanel
    12 years ago
    There's a jukebox at the club I'm currently working at.

However, there's no payment required to play songs. Girls put in a specific song for their stage show and then announce the dancer getting off stage before them. (Which requires learning everyone's names to keep track of your place in the rotation).

During slow periods with no customers, the music plays randomly without songs being chosen.

The sound system is good and the club clean and classy-not a dive.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Papi - the Hip Hugger is unique. The dancers have NO PAYOUT or rent. So the only revenue is the jukebox, booze, and a small $3 cover at night.

Even if the dancers don't persuade a customer to chip in, I don't think they mind cuz they have zero tip out.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    Blue Moon Lounge in Phoenix has a jukebox and its a similar set up to the one chanel describes. Only difference is they do not announce the next dancer. No payment, and the girl gets to select her own music for her stage set.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I would prefer the setup mentioned by Chanel and rh48 - i.e. non-payment jukebox – would prefer this over the typical annoying, egotistical, duchebag, DJ.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Isn't juicebox something that needs to be wound up and then it talks and talks? Just kidding. lol

I know of one club that requires money for the jukeboxes in the lap dance rooms. I thought that sucked. I only bought like 3 lap dances in a few years. Lap dances weren't that great and overpriced, especially when you had to pay extra money for a one way touch lap dance. After the club changed management and went topless only instead of nude, I didn't see the point in visiting anymore.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    There are certain aspects of the strip club experience where I am not a fan of the jukebox. Sometimes the dancers just forget they are scheduled to dance and then there is nothing for minutes at a time. OTOH, some of them will play some songs which just seem wrong in a strip club, but are really great songs. Also, at my favorite club, there is a dancer who has let me indulge in choosing her music for her on two different occcasions because they use a jukebox. She even liked my selections, which was cool.
  • igloo9999
    12 years ago
    Apparently the only places I hang out are dives. Joke of the places I go to on a regular basis have a DJ. The most expensive jukebox is $1/song. Sometimes the girls will ask for help feeding the monster but most of the time they handle it or customers will feed it so they can near what the want.

If I want to find out a dancer's name I will ask her. I don't need some obnoxious guy yelling her name at me.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Juicebox in a Jukebox?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Juicebox Hero?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    ^ Foreigner baby
  • Cheo_D
    12 years ago
    Mons Venus in Tampa, of course, is one of the consistently high-rated clubs in this list, and it uses a jukebox -- which every so often will stop dead as the dancers forget to keep feeding it and you'll get to see a naked girl running from the stage to feed some dollars into the machine.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    I'll take a DJ over a jukebox any day. As for juice box he is funny
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    Most clubs in southeast Virginia have jukeboxes (some will use them full time, others part time mostly on day shifts). For a more detailed list, ask me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion